Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:17 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:17 am 
Snake Staked

Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse is still in the early stages of development. I've always had an easier time creating and designing vehicles than characters. I acknowledge that that is where my customizing talent mostly lies. Nevertheless, I am doing something I've never done before (and never thought of). I am letting the vehicles speak for the characters and their personalities. In other words, the vehicles' individual appearances are guiding me towards figuring out how certain characters look like, act, etc.

For example, all Buzz Saw Bikes (BSBs) have a respective single driver. Sligs' BSB (a WIP and the most completed BSB to date) has a small dagger stored on one side and a fork jutting out from one of its rear wheel hubcaps. These two features have influenced Sligs' personality. He's sly and underhanded.

Sligs' Buzz Saw Bike (WIP)

Similarly, I recently updated Kurg's Buzz Saw Bike. The backpack in the rear wasn't working for me. Now the rear of the vehicle sports a spoiler. It's amazing how one little change can influence a character's personality. The spoiler (and let's not forget the big bouncy offroad wheels) compelled me to characterize Kurg as a motorhead and speedster.

Kurg's Buzz Saw Bike (WIP)

https://www.facebook.com/hamhattan

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:18 am 
Snake Staked

Sligs' Buzz Saw Bike (WIP)

Not much of an update. I simply removed the unwanted stickers on Sligs' Buzz Saw Bike (BSB).

For the most part, Sligs' Buzz Saw Bike (BSB) is virtually complete. The only pending additions are:

1) exhaust pipe(s); most likely 1 exhaust pipe
2) battle damage, scratches, & tears on bike and buzz saw wheel
3) red detailing on one side of handlebars
4) "SLICK" decal on one side of BSB
5) "Self Destructs in 3012" decal
6) securing the extra rear wheels
7) slightly truncating the rear mudguards
8) new paintjob

I wish I could photoshop potential paintjobs for Sligs' BSB. Nevertheless, I drew this sketch and I will be experimenting with different color schemes until I find the most befitting.

In other news, I'm gonna have to transfer all my pictures from imageshack.us into photobucket because the former has become rather problematic. Pictures from imageshack.us suddenly disappear without warning. Photobucket never lets me down.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:18 am 
Snake Staked

Scyvernia's Buzz Saw Bike (WIP)

Scyvernia's Buzz Saw Bike (BSB) has been partially inspired by both Transformers Arcee (G1 and Energon versions) and Mandora from Thundercats. I've always admired female cartoon characters who are independent, self-confident, non-reliant on male characters, and just plainly sexy and kick ass! Scyvernia embodies all these qualities. She's a heroine who won't stop at nothing to fulfill her mission. Her Buzz Saw Bike (BSB) screams badass and its' paintjob is very "girly" and Barbie-ish.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:20 am 
Snake Staked

Rhiguth's Buzz Saw Bike (BSB)

Stage 1 (I wasn't really sure what Rhiguth's BSB was going to look like. However, I was certain it would have Yamaha motorcycle handlebars and flame decals.)

Stage 2 (I've become obsessed with making all variations of Buzz Saw Bikes. Suddenly came this idea for a Buzz Saw Bike with 2 buzz saw wheels! Rhiguth is the leader of the Spikerkrot gang which includes himself, Kurg, and Sligs. Thus, I wanted Rhiguth's BSB to stand out among the other two BSBs. The 2 buzz saw wheels achieved that effect.)

Stage 3 (I decided to lose the monster truck rear wheels and replace them with tank treads. Treads were chosen deliberately to compare and contrast with another villain's BSB. Ironically, the monster truck wheels were handed over to Kurg's BSB. The most unexpected change in Rhiguth's Buzz Saw Bike was the removal of the 2 buzz saw wheels. I ultimately settled for a single buzz saw wheel. The 2 buzz saw wheels will be saved for The Buzz Saw King's BSB.)

Keep in mind that Rhiguth's BSB is still a work in progress. I want to find some way to incorporate the flame decals. I also want to give his BSB some sort of weapon. Sligs' BSB has a retractable dual blaster. Kurg's BSB will have a retractable electro-gun.

Remember how I said that the appearance of certain vehicles is helping me to visually determine, construct, and figure out how certain characters will look like? Judging by Rhiguth's Buzz Saw Bike (BSB), Rhiguth is a ruthless, intimidating, and overgrown thug of a villain.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:21 am 
Snake Staked

Denizens of the Post Apocalypse

It's amazing how anything can inspire the mind. I was watching City of God (one of my favorite independent movies) and it just so happened that one scene (from the opening) suddenly inspired me. The scene involves a man carrying a pole above his head; hanging from the pole are all sorts of tin cups, pots, etc. I instantly knew I had to make a custom of it. So here it is. It's a shame I don't have those glasses/cups that came with those recent Star Wars figures but this suffices for the time being. Enjoy!

Merchant WIP

More Denizens to come!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:22 am 
Snake Staked

Rhiguth's Buzz Saw Bike (BSB) WIP

So here is Rhiguth's BSB. As leader of the Spikerkrot gang, it only makes sense that his BSB look the beefiest and baddest. I feel that the traditional style motorcycle/biker handlebars, tall headrest, and robust tank treads combined achieve that effect. Although I must say that Rhiguth's BSB is my least favorite of the BSBs I've currently made.

See the yellow tubes sticking out from the rear? It's cool how things inadvertently happen. Those tank treads actually come from a transformers toy, Armada Rhinox. I wanted to use the Beast Wars Rhinox mold because it didn't have the tubes sticking out. Nevertheless, I'm glad it stayed that way because those tubes look like exhaust pipes. I'm thinking of expanding the size and length of the tubes to make them more ostentatious and intimidating.

Spikerkrot Buzz Saw Bikes WIP

Spikerkrot is one of the most feared gangs of the post apocalypse. It consists of Rhiguth, Kurg, and Sligs. In addition, Spikerkrot Buzz Saw Bikes are among the most feared of vehicles. Their buzzing sound can be heard even before the drivers are seen!

More Buzz Saw Bikes (BSBs) on the way! Stay tuned for The Buzz Saw King's BSB!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:23 am 
Snake Staked

Rhiguth's Buzz Saw Bike (BSB) WIP

Remember how I said that Rhiguth's BSB was my least favorite of the Buzz Saw Bikes? Well, not anymore! ;D

I have another upcoming project (Project TW) which will blow away the Buzz Saw Bikes. Project TW requires dual machine guns. I thought of using Beast Wars II Galvatron's gatling guns but ultimately decided they were too large. Then I had the crazy idea of using the gatling guns as "exhaust pipes" for Rhiguth's BSB. All I can say is, "I LOVE IT!" 8-)

Plus, I think it be awesome that Rhiguth can detach either of these exhaust pipes to augment the firepower of his gun (which has yet to be made, lol).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:24 am 
Snake Staked

Buzz Saw Bikes (BSBs)

So I keep coming up with countless ideas for more Buzz Saw Bikes. These vehicles have become an integral part of this series and have evolved into a culture.

The first three Buzz Saw Bikes (Sligs', Kurg's, and Rhiguth's) are nearing completion. Rhiguth's is looking more kickass everyday. Soon, Rhiguth's BSB will sport foot rest spikes.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:25 am 
Snake Staked

The Buzz Saw King's Buzz Saw Bike

The Buzz Saw King was an ancient warrior before the time of the post apocalyptic hero Ryuzo and his arch enemy Vorne. He was defeated by the legendary Ryuji but has now been brought back to life by the sorcerer powers of Vorne!

The Buzz Saw King's Buzz Saw Bike is the first Buzz Saw Bike ever and the most powerful. It is three times larger than standard BSBs and is the only BSB wielding two buzz saw wheels.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:26 am 
Snake Staked

SKit & Zit
Skit & Zit are known as The Klutz Brothers. They are Abuji's grandkids. They may not be as strong as they think they are but this duo is ultra talented, humorous and brave!

Twit
Twit is Skit and Zit's battle bike. The brothers treat their bike almost as a sibling. Zit came up with the idea to link a garbage can to a dirtbike and Skit made the idea reality.

Post Apocalyptic Weapons/Tools

This is kind of off-topic but if I become a Hollywood movie director, I will specialize in post apocalyptic movies because it's a genre that I love to death and I feel 100% at home with it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:27 am 
Snake Staked

Feenee Wiggy's Shopcart Cycle (WIP)

This is my new favorite custom (along with Project TW) and the cutest custom to date. The inspiration for Feenee Wiggy is due to several factors. I wanted to create a cute midget character and I wanted his vehicle to mirror his cuteness. His name was partially taken from a high school physics teacher, Mr. Feeney (a classmate and I nicknamed him Candyman because he loved candy, lol). Finally, when I saw a Star Wars Ewok head in Spectre's trade thread, I knew instantly that was Feenee Wiggy.

It's fun to create unique, original, silly, and crazy looking vehicles. In a post apocalyptic world, it's possible and acceptable. In coming up with Feenee Wiggy's Shopcart Cycle, I wanted a motorcycle with a new type of sidecar. Something that hasn't been seen before. Something similar to the Chasers/Motorcyle-Sidecar Chariots from Marauders II Slaughterauders. It took more than a month to finalize the look of Feenee Wiggy's Shopcart Cycle. The only thing remaining is a new paintjob. I no longer consider myself a one-man-army so I want another creative mind to come up with a paintjob for this vehicle. As a creative artist, I know where my talent lies and I know for sure that vehicle paintjobs for the most part is not my thing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:27 am 
Snake Staked

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am 
Snake Staked

Unnamed Motorcycle WIP. Spikes are wooden tooth picks. Unused of course, lol.

Denizens of the Post Apocalypse WIPs. Thought it would be interesting to use Jurassic Park Brachiosaurus heads. Good thing no one took an interest in them (I had posted these in my trade thread for months).

Ryuzo & Feenee Wiggy. It's interesting how a simple picture can spark an idea. Looking at Feenee Wiggy wielding a gun inspired a scene where Feenee blasts a goon. Yes, a powerful Midgetian, that's a first one for the books, lol.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:28 am 
Snake Staked

Hauler WIP

I got the trailer at a flea market because I thought it would make an excellent post apocalyptic vehicle accessory. I wanted an unconventional looking tow vehicle. The idea of using the GI JOE Flightpod suddenly occurred. With some spare wheel axles, this baby was completed.

Still have to add a foot rest, new paintjob, seatbelt, side mirrors, and possibly more trimming.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:30 am 
Snake Staked

Sligs' Buzz Saw Bike (BSB) WIP

Sligs' BSB is almost complete. The most important upgrade is a new paintjob. I can't finalize that till I have a final rendition of Sligs himself so that his colors compliment those of his BSB.

Added 2 exhaust pipes and changed the rear engine. Thought it would be characteristic of Sligs' sly nature to have 1 surprise exhaust pipe that squirts oil thus, causing his enemies' vehicles to spin out of control. What can be said, Sligs' is a sly guy.

Sligs' BSB's center wheel keeps his BSB balanced if he chooses to launch his buzz saw wheel.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

It is currently Thu Sep 26, 2024 7:17 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])