Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Wave 3.5 found at TRU
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:57 pm 

Well, my package from BBTS arrived this afternoon. I have to say I am extremely pleased with the results.

Kwinn, interestingly, strikes me as just a little short for the modern-style figures, but, overlooking the construction design, he's an excellent fit with the traditional-style figures, since he's supposed to be a big guy. I'm very pleased to have a Kwinn figure in this outfit, though. No complaints whatsoever, especially since this figure, and the Data-Viper, were originally planned for the post ROC line and never quite make it.

I like the Data-Viper, but he's a little odd in that, if you don't give him the better part of his gear, he doesn't look like much. "Crash test dummy in a jumpsuit" was the first thought that came to mind. But give him his gear, and he looks like bad news from TRON or some such. I like him. Wouldn't mind having a couple more.

Ultimate Cobra Commander is awesome. An excellent modern-style rendition of Cobra Commander's best known incarnation. They obviously took a few cues from the animated series, especially with the light blue collar under the jacket. But I'm very pleased with the chrome faceplate and all of the details. The only odd thing about him is he seems a little tall, and I think most of that is in the legs. It's not that big of a deal, but there's never been any reason to think that CC was especially tall, and if Hasbro ever does an "Ultimate Destro", he'd better be huge. Overall, though a very minor quibble on an otherwise excellent figure.

Here's hoping Wave 4 shows up. I want the Night-Viper and Jinx.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:30 pm 

Got my Budo and Kwinn from BBTS today as well. Man they're great. I wanted a Kwinn figure the moment that GI Joe #2 hit the spinner rack. (I even had a coloring book that was based on that issue). I didn't collect long enough to get the Kwinn that eventually appeared. I'm so glad to have a really awesome Kwinn after all this time.

Budo is amazingly detailed as well. I don't how the Star Wars figures are so short-changed on accessories and detail (for the most part anyway) and yet the Joe line usually has tons of stuff with each figure for the same (or even cheaper) price. Maybe the license just costs tons more.

Anyway, I'm really pleased with the figure. I need to dig out my Skimobile now, hehe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:30 am 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:05 am 
HATES Mattel

It's worth noting that, despite the cold-weather gear, Snake-Eyes is actually going commando anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
It's worth noting that, despite the cold-weather gear, Snake-Eyes is actually going commando anyway.

One could argue that Snake Eyes is always commando. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 am 

I got my box from BBTS on Monday. I've only opened Kwinn, Data Viper and Duke, but they're fantastic toys. The Data Viper was a pain, simply to get the yellow joysticks in his hands, but once you have him all suited up, he looks really cool and unique. I love the head sculpt as well. Duke is pretty much perfect to me. Kwinn is perfect. I can't help but love this figure. I wish these were easier to find in the wild, because I would want multiples of these three, and probably a few others from the wave, but I guess it is not to be, unless I pay online prices and shipping.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:26 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])