Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Your Top 10 Favorites of 2012
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:59 pm 
Snake Staked

They aren't going to cut out Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has too much power for them to do so and not have serious problems because of it. They aren't going to sell online directly to consumers either. They tried that before and it made retailers upset. You'd be better off relying on online stores like SmallJoes and BBTS and such.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:17 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

Pyre wrote:
They aren't going to cut out Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart has too much power for them to do so and not have serious problems because of it. They aren't going to sell online directly to consumers either. They tried that before and it made retailers upset. You'd be better off relying on online stores like SmallJoes and BBTS and such.

And your top ten favorites of 2012 are...?

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:45 pm 

Suburbanator wrote:
Pyre wrote:

1 - 10: Hasbro.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:22 am 
Donor
Donor

Here's my list for 2012

MOTUC Fisto - My first foray into MOTUC, and still one of my favorite figures from the line. Absolutely love that he came with the alternate head, removable belt, and the big ass sword.

Halo Anniversary: Master Chief "The Package" The Halo line of figures from McFarlane is a mixed bag for me. They're sculpts and paint jobs are some of the best I've seen, but the articulation is severely hindered by the sculpt. However, I knew I had to get this version of the Chief as he's just a fantastic looking figure.

Wal-Mart exclusive Avengers Hulk The first Hulk figure I've purchased and he's great. Just a hefty figure that really sticks out on the shelf, and really well done articulation for how big he is.

MOTUC Griffin Considering how many people love fantasy characters and beasts, there's a severe lack of them in action figure form. Griffin uses the Battle Cat base body, but the additional parts (especially the well sculpted head) make it an exceptional figure.

GI Joe Retaliation Joe TrooperThere was definitely a lack of quality Joe product this year, but this was not one of them. A plethora of new accessories, great articulation, and an awesome look (love the Halo-esque helmet) combine to make a great figure. I'm not used them as a generic Joe Trooper, but as a specific Joe called "Spartan" who does a lot of solo work.

GI Joe BBTS Marauder pack Mercer Overall I was pretty happy with the BBTS 7 packs, but Mercer is definitely my favorite figure of the bunch. The head sculpt is absolutely perfect, and I love the combination of Alley Viper and Viper parts. As a big GI Joe: The Movie fan it's nice to have a good Mercer (and the rest of the Renegades).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm 

Spin Doctor wrote:
Biggest, most pleasant surprise of the year has been the Hobbit line by Bridge Direct. Kind of renewed my waning interest in figures.

You know, I have to include this as a late expanded entry on my list. These figures were excellent regardless of who made them, but to come from a company that I don't think any of us had even heard of before...! THAT'S impressive.

And I finally got around to seeing the movie today. Intentionally waited for the holiday crowds to diminish. Truly spectacular movie, really. If you haven't seen it, go.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:13 pm 
Snake Staked

Suburbanator wrote:
Pyre wrote:

I don't have any. Furthermore I would appreciate it if next time I were not singled out and then mocked. Just because you don't like the information that I put forth does not give anyone the right to do so.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:15 pm 
Strong Fat Tongue

Pyre wrote:
Suburbanator wrote:
Pyre wrote:

I don't have any. Furthermore I would appreciate it if next time I were not singled out and then mocked. Just because you don't like the information that I put forth does not give anyone the right to do so.

Well, it would make sense if you posted something related to the topic in the thread after your rant.

Mine are, in no particular order...
MOTUC Fisto
Paper Bag Spider Man
Annnnd that's about it. I've been doing a lot of acquiring figures from pre 2012

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:07 pm 
Plug
Plug

Yeah let's try to keep this about favorites from 2012 and not about Hasbro's product distribution.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

Pyre wrote:
Suburbanator wrote:
Pyre wrote:

It wasn't directed at you specifically, sorry you took it that way.
Not just because this is a thread I started, but I do get tired of reading a thread about specific topics and people veer off on something else, getting away from the original topic, especially when it's another topic that has been discussed on many other threads.
Again, not directed at you personally.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:47 pm 

Not really in much of an order, but my highlights include some pre-2012 figures that I got in 2012.

-Walmart Avengers Hulk - Awesome sculpt and great articulation for such a huge figure
-C&C Arkillo - Huge monstrosity that's just a blast to play with. Took forever to build him, as I couldn't find Kyle, but my friend got it for me for my birthday to complete him
-MOTUC Rattlor - One of my favorite toys as a kid that was updated perfectly, but that I missed out on but got as a Christmas gift
-Generations Kup
-Marvel Universe Hulk
-G.I. Joe Trooper - If it weren't for the bright orange shovel, he'd be top ten Joes ever. Such versatility, and a ton of fun to play with
-Red Ninja (the Slice-ish one) - Never found the Renegades SS, so this was the first time I got to play with that mold. So cool. The added accessories in the pack made him even more fun
-TMNT Donatello

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:08 pm 

No particular order. . .
DG Joes: Shipwreck, Dark CobraTrooper, Storm Shadow. . .
Retailation Beachhead (can't wait to get more)
MP-10 Optimus Prime
The next few I just got in 2012. . . .
PTE FAV
Bbi LAV
21st Century Humvee
Resolute Baroness and Firefly

Black-Ops
Recon
Extraction
"Pantheon Securities Inc., 'Your contractor of choice. . . No task too big, no task too small'. . . "

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm 
Snake Staked

Suburbanator wrote:
Not just because this is a thread I started, but I do get tired of reading a thread about specific topics and people veer off on something else, getting away from the original topic, especially when it's another topic that has been discussed on many other threads.

Then it should be directed at the person who originally brought up the subject. I was just responding to what that person said.

Anyway, to try and stay on topic, while I don't really have a "top 10", I was very happy with the product Hasbro released for the 30th Anniversary line. There were some great figures there and it's really hard to pick a favorite. If I had to pick one based on sculpt, amount of accessories and play value, I'd probably have to go with Renegades Storm Shadow. He's a great update to the character. He has a lot of awesome accessories. He has an alternate head and alternate sashes so you can customize his look. I wish all the figures could be this cool.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:34 am 
King Podcaster

John, does my Kwinn count?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 1:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])