Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:34 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wave 3.5 found at TRU
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:15 am 

Jay wrote:
Time to hit the TRU. Daily.

At the rate our TRU have been supplied, I wouldn't rush.
We'll probably get new Joes around September...

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:51 am 
King of the Nerds!
King of the Nerds!

I bit the bullet and ordered a case from BBTS, with the number of collectors around here and the limited supply TRU will probably get in, I figured I'd pay a little more and be sure I got the ones I wanted instead of driving back and forth to TRU time after time..

...I will probably end up doing that anyway. :shifty:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:56 am 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

I've had a case ordered for more than a month and I'm still planning my run tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:38 am 
Nanomite enhanced

bucky wrote:
I found Agent Jack and Sgt. Sheeeeettt today. Come to think of it, that's all I ever find at tru these days.

Hasbro WAAAYY overpacked Agent Jack and Sgt. Sheeeeettt in POC Wave 7. Sure, the kids may say they like Sgt. Sheeeeettt, but it's clear that they can't buy enough to make up for collector disinterest. Agent Jack would have done better, but everyone is waiting for him to show up at Ross and TJ Maxx.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:43 am 
Strong Fat Tongue

bithomas wrote:
bucky wrote:
I found Agent Jack and Sgt. Sheeeeettt today. Come to think of it, that's all I ever find at tru these days.

Hasbro WAAAYY overpacked Agent Jack and Sgt. Sheeeeettt in POC Wave 7. Sure, the kids may say they like Sgt. Sheeeeettt, but it's clear that they can't buy enough to make up for collector disinterest. Agent Jack would have done better, but everyone is waiting for him to show up at Ross and TJ Maxx.

/thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:21 pm 

Okay -- there's three in this wave that I really want, if BBTS's info is accurate -- Kwinn, the Data-Viper, and the Ultimate Cobra Commander. Guess I'll have to check my TRU soon.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:03 pm 

bucky wrote:

(facepalm) I was trying to figure out who these two figures I'd never heard of were for a few moments longer than I'd care to admit before I got the joke.

Also, after hitting 3 targets and 1 TRU, I found Budo, Data Viper, Kwinn, Combat Ninja (who I was going to pass on but I really liked his alternate head and accessories), Firefly (with HISS drone) Ult. Snakes, CC, and Storm Shadow at the Baybrook Mall area TRU in Houston. Passed on the others I saw (Flint, Duke, CG).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:23 pm 

Just rub it in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:15 pm 

DanOfTheDead wrote:
bucky wrote:

(facepalm) I was trying to figure out who these two figures I'd never heard of were for a few moments longer than I'd care to admit before I got the joke.

Also, after hitting 3 targets and 1 TRU, I found Budo, Data Viper, Kwinn, Combat Ninja (who I was going to pass on but I really liked his alternate head and accessories), Firefly (with HISS drone) Ult. Snakes, CC, and Storm Shadow at the Baybrook Mall area TRU in Houston. Passed on the others I saw (Flint, Duke, CG).

So all of these were at TRU? Because the Targets around here are still trying to clearance what little they have left. It's been so long since I've found ANYthing of interest at a Target that I was sincerely shocked to discover a new Transformer there on Monday (Sandstorm).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:02 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

DanOfTheDead wrote:
bucky wrote:

must be the star wars collector in you Dan: add a couple apostrophes to the name and it looks like a legit character Sgt. Shee'eee'tt

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:04 pm 
DarkJedi'd

DanOfTheDead wrote:

Some people just want to watch the thread burn...

Nice haul.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:06 pm 

GITrekker wrote:
So all of these were at TRU? Because the Targets around here are still trying to clearance what little they have left. It's been so long since I've found ANYthing of interest at a Target that I was sincerely shocked to discover a new Transformer there on Monday (Sandstorm).

Yes, though I saw some of the Star Wars Black Series and the Rhino/Elektra/Iron Fist Marvel Universe figures at one Target, so they're getting SOME new stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:11 pm 

drbindy wrote:
DanOfTheDead wrote:
bucky wrote:

must be the star wars collector in you Dan: add a couple apostrophes to the name and it looks like a legit character Sgt. Shee'eee'tt

Yes. It was my immersion in fictional dialects and naming conventions that lead to my misunderstanding. :shifty:

DarkJedi wrote:
Some people just want to watch the thread burn...
Nice haul.

The good news is I don't think I've ever found anything "rare" in my life, so the fact that I found these in abundance should mean everyone else should be finding them soon, just because of cosmic balance.

Storm Shadow comes with a little plastic bag that his nunchucks, throwing stars, and throwing knives are in... along withe some really odd, tiny slivers of plastic in the same color that I can't figure out. Are they part of the sprew the accessories came on? Anyone know what they're supposed to be? I'll try to post a pic shortly.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:28 pm 

DanOfTheDead wrote:
GITrekker wrote:

Yes, though I saw some of the Star Wars Black Series and the Rhino/Elektra/Iron Fist Marvel Universe figures at one Target, so they're getting SOME new stuff.

I'd heard the release date for Star Wars Black was August 1, so that's cool. Still, it's been pretty pathetic out there lately.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:32 pm 

Attached a pic of the weird Storm Shadow pack ins. They're TINY. The two with the spikes look like they might be hand-spikes, but I can't imagine them actually being large enough for him to hold onto.

Are these anything, or just remnants of the sprue the stars came on?

EDITOkay, he can hold the spikes, I guess, and the little sliver fits into the slot on the front of the pouch with the hole, which I guess fits on his shoulder-belt, though if the peg on the belt goes into the hole, it just pops out the sliver (dart)? If anyone is collecting these in 20-30 years, this tiny piece of plastic is going to the be Heavy Metal microphone of 2043. Though the neural linked 3d fabrication machines should make reproductions easier.

Attachments:
ssthings.jpg
ssthings.jpg [ 205.66 KiB | Viewed 614 times ]

Last edited by DanOfTheDead on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:34 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])