Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:35 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Wave 3.5 found at TRU
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:38 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

kHAoS wrote:
Thanks J_Man. Every store I called in the area is currently out-of-stock. Oddly enough, 3 of the stores I called had some put on layaway. I didn't even know TRU had a layaway option. Also, Acid-Storm seems to be the consolation prize for high-end Transformers. The clerks were nice enough to let me know, even though I hadn't asked. Kind of impressive to see a clerk be somewhat knowledgeable about a product, instead of being dismissive.

The way I got this is a story in it's self. Kind of long to actually type.

Last Friday I had gone to Toys R Us just because I had to be over in the area. I figured I would run I and see what they had. I got there just as they opened and sort of took my time getting to the Transformers aisle. Just as I did, 2 other guys show up.

My wife is in wheelchair and was pointing out stuff and these guys kind of crowded me and bumped into me like they were ready to push me. To avoid having an isue I pushed my wife down the aisle a bit o she can look at all these things she was pointing out. Just as I did I hear one of the guys say, "There it is" while lifting up Soundwave. At this point I'm sort of mad but at least holding hope that these are fans, but then I hear the one guy say to the other "You realize how much this is going for on Ebay! This is going up as soon as we get home!" So I was pretty mad at that point that an Ebayer one upped me. All I would have had to do is look at the bottom shelf as soon as I made it to the aisle but I neglected to look since usually the slower selling items are placed there.

I was leaving at that point and an employee asked if I was finding everything ok. I told him the issue with Soundwave and he got on the radio to see if they had more. He was pretty sure there was one more. After talking to a few people another employee showed up and asked what he was looking for. After telling him he said he just put the last one on the shelf and was headed to the aisle. Thoe other guys was still there and overheard them looking for another Soundwave. After the employee said to the other one that it looks like it's gone, the Ebayer held it up saying "This? Too late, too bad."

The employee I originally talked to pulled me to the side and said he knew another truck had some Transformer exclusives this Wednesday and call ahead. He said they'd hold one if I call and explain the situation. Bit I figured instead I would just go before they opened. I got there and was waiting at the door. As soon as they opened I headed straight to the aisle... and find Acid Storm. While he is a neat figure, I don't want him.

At this point one of the asst managers had come up saying "oh you found Acid Storm! Nice!" I told him what I was there for though and told him about last week. He looked puzzled and said he thought they had more. He took me to one of the computers and looked up Soundwave. He couldn't find it in the system but said they can do an instore order. But then he wasn't able to do that either. He was confused at this point and I asked if it was possible to leave my name and number incase they got more. I didn't want another issue with more Ebayers and possibly get in a fight over a toy. He was fine with that and I thanked him and left.

Not too long after I made it to work he was calling. He found one in the back. He said he knew there was another one in store and after I left, he tracked it down. So I headed back over and got it.

So yeah, the current employees at the TRU here goes above and beyond exceptional! They seem to know the products fairly well too. And to bring this back around to GIJoe, He said to expect new figures in about 2 weeks locally, if they get them as he feels they will.

So yeah, maybe the higher ups are realizing they need to hire more knowledgeable people. Most of the old emplyees I used to dislike even asking where the front door was are now gone. It is for sure a better store these days.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:49 am 

That's a pretty good story. The eBay dude sounds like a terrible human being, but good customer service goes a long way in making a company/store look good. Where as, at my TRU, the person we talked to didn't know what an eagle was when we called and asked about the Eaglehawk.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:43 pm 

VERY awesome story, J_Man. Nice to know there's some decent people out there. Now if we could just do something about the wastes of carbon like those eBayer jerks...

I checked my TRU today. Didn't see much in the way of Transformers, but my focus was on G.I. Joe, anyway.

Clearly, they had HAD the assortment. I saw Ultimate Roadblock and Ultimate Flint, but these weren't who I was looking for. And there were all of five figures on the pegs, so I suspect it had already been pillaged. I was in a bit of a rush, so alas, I didn't have an opportunity to ask anybody if there were more in the back.

The Targets around here are still trying to clearance the meager supplies they have left, and now the Walmart closest to me is doing the same thing. I wish I was optimistic about them getting the next assortments of Joes in, but -- right now, I'm not. I hope they don't end up being a TRU exclusive by omission, but I just don't know.

On a related note, if anybody out there is fortunate in their shopping, and manages to find really nice (i.e. neatly painted, especially the facial features of a certain Eskimo) editions of KWINN, the DATA-VIPER, or ULTIMATE COBRA COMMANDER, I will gladly pay for the figure and shipping thereof. Just PM me. Thanks. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:40 pm 

kHAoS wrote:
J_Man wrote:

Thanks J_Man. Every store I called in the area is currently out-of-stock. Oddly enough, 3 of the stores I called had some put on layaway. I didn't even know TRU had a layaway option. Also, Acid-Storm seems to be the consolation prize for high-end Transformers. The clerks were nice enough to let me know, even though I hadn't asked. Kind of impressive to see a clerk be somewhat knowledgeable about a product, instead of being dismissive.

Is Acid Storm also a Masterpiece?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:57 pm 

sbarrett4 wrote:
kHAoS wrote:
J_Man wrote:

Yes, Acid-Storm is also a Masterpiece TF. It looks like all the other Seekers in the series, except it's very green. Too much day-glo green, in fact. I've almost broken down a few times to get Thundercracker or Skywarp myself, but they're quite large. I'd have to buy an IKEA Detoff cabinet to properly show them off and I don't have the space to pull that off yet :shifty:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:09 pm 

kHAoS wrote:
sbarrett4 wrote:
kHAoS wrote:
J_Man wrote:

Yes, Acid-Storm is also a Masterpiece TF. It looks like all the other Seekers in the series, except it's very green. Too much day-glo green, in fact. I've almost broken down a few times to get Thundercracker or Skywarp myself, but they're quite large. I'd have to buy an IKEA Detoff cabinet to properly show them off and I don't have the space to pull that off yet :shifty:

Actually, thats good for me. I have Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. I'll add Acid Storm to my collection. Hopefully the three coneheads get made, too.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:31 pm 

sbarrett4 wrote:
kHAoS wrote:
sbarrett4 wrote:
kHAoS wrote:
J_Man wrote:

Actually, thats good for me. I have Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker. I'll add Acid Storm to my collection. Hopefully the three coneheads get made, too.

If you're looking for Seekers, there is a Masterpiece Sunstreaker, as well. I think he looks more in-line with the rest.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:12 pm 

kHAoS wrote:
If you're looking for Seekers, there is a Masterpiece , as well. I think he looks more in-line with the rest.

Sunstorm :whistling:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:22 pm 

After getting a look at some in hand pics of this ultimate wave, I hope Hasbro manufactured the hell out of these things. After all that effort into making the figures so awesome, I hope they went all out in the factory as well. I hope these babies are peg warmers come christmas.

Dusty79 wrote:
I can't wait to cut those babies up for parts.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:36 pm 

So TRU got their re-stock shipment of the Masterpiece Soundwave late last week and I finally scored one. 4 out of 5 stores in the area sold-out as soon as their doors opened, but the remaining store had 10 left. I took my lunch and returned back a happy camper. It's nice to finally pay retail for once, even if retail in this case was a bit pricy.

I'm on quite the roll this month. Got the MP Soundwave and the SDCC Jetfire set. I'd like to think this bit of good karma is for only buying one SDCC Jetfire set, instead of going back and picking up another set :-)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 3:51 pm 

My TRU fell victim to the "single character" cases the TRU warehouse is sending to the stores-a single case of wv1 Storm Shadows. So gonna be awhile before any 3.5 hits the pegs, unless they increase from the 2 pegs they have for singles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:49 pm 

Aye. I had a whole case of wv 1 rock's. bastards.

Oneforceleader, Rambo, ronin, Silent Master, Suburbanator
toy-nutz, Tsunami, Wowboy, pugsley, spin doctor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:26 pm 

bucky wrote:
Aye. I had a whole case of wv 1 rock's. bastards.

Wave 1 Duke case at my store...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:19 pm 
Hairy Llama
Hairy Llama

I had gone back this week to check, but no new figures. They did have the new Kre-O set with the Ghost Striker. A side note, there were 2 more Soundwaves sitting there. Good to see they are making it out more so scalpers can't profit too much.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:14 pm 

checked today, nothing new again. My store is such a lousy store, I usually buy something 2 times a year

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 6:35 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])