Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Biff Bang Pow 1/18 Brock Samson
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:08 pm 
Plug
Plug

For my birthday I got the black shirt version of Biff Bang Pow's Brock Samson from the Venture Bros cartoon. Unlike their other line which is based on the 8" mego line this one is closer to Joe scale. Closer but still huge. Brock is supposed to be a man mountain but he's huge even next to biggest Joe figure.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343861421.047591.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343861421.047591.jpg [ 55.13 KiB | Viewed 589 times ]

Articulation is what you would expect from Mattel's JLU figures, T-crotch and all. The shoulder joints are cut weird so it looks odd unless the arms are posed straight down at his side. The hips have a similar issue where they look odd when bent. While the figure is a good hunk if solid plastic the joints seem cheap and fragile. I need to boil the head becuase that neck has no give and I'm afraid it will snap.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343861692.182869.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343861692.182869.jpg [ 41.9 KiB | Viewed 589 times ]

Sculpt wise, it is a perfect 3D version of the charcter. The head is dead on, the communicator watch looks great, and even his boots have detail on them. The hands are sculpted in a gripping pose that hold thenknife tightly, but the thumbs are attached to the index finger. So no gun pointing will be possible.

Accessories aren't much but the knife is show accurate and the sheath is attached to the sculpt snuggly. I wish the knife was hard plastic instead of soft rubber but that is a small nit pick.

Paint was so so. The head is good but the shirt on mine has a small scratch running down it and the gold on the boots is Funskool quality. On a shelf nobody will notice.

Attachment:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343862217.436105.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343862217.436105.jpg [ 42.63 KiB | Viewed 589 times ]

All in all it is a good figure (could be better) and I plan on getting some of the other characters if/when they get released. For $9.99 on BBTS it is a competitively priced figure worth getting if you like the show.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Biff Bang Pow 1/18 Brock Samson
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:12 pm 

I got mine a couple of weeks back - sculpt/articulation-wise, it was what I expected, but it was WAY bigger than I thought he'd be, so now I can't even bash him onto a decently-articulated figure.

So he'll end up on a separate shelf now - along with the bloody SDCC version that should arrive any day now. And whatever further VB figs I choose to get. But yeah, pretty much a "display as a novelty only" figure for me.

Good to see mine wasn't the only one with a wonky eye - must have been a problem with the paint mask.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:15 pm 
Nanomite enhanced

The scale issue is a shame, as it would have been nice to have Venture Brothers figures that work with Joe. However, I don't feel so bad about the pre-orders I canceled a couple of weeks ago.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:48 pm 

Got my SDCC "Bloody Brock" today -- kinda "meh" about it now after opening up regular Brock. Probably just gonna leave him carded and sit him on my "Con Exclusive" shelf :-/

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 7:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])