Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Searching tips on EBay, Joe style
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:05 pm 

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if any of you guys have tips for searching on Ebay for accessories. Their coding changes from time to time, and I find that sometimes, things are getting omitted needlessly.

Typically, I'll put in a phrase, and then modify it, ie GI Joe figures -("ARAH", "25th", "30th", "12 inch"). But when I try to search for particular gun types, it seems that the modifiers aren't as successful.

If I'm looking for something in particular, and it's not on EBay, I've found few other options. Besides the customizers that do casting of accessories (Marauder John, Ragin' Spoon, Star Wars Geek, etc), the only other place I've seen that really sells individual 3.75 accessories is Toy Wiz, and they're incredibly expensive. A single rifle or tac vest can be $7 or $8 without shipping.

I'm also trying to buy here and on Hiss Tank. Are there other places I might look? Or, can I further narrow down my search terms on EBay. I try to do things like +("retaliation","poc","roc") -("arah"), but it seems that I'm still getting several hundred auctions, and I'm not finding individual weapons at all...anywhere, and it's surprising, considering the amount of figures being sold, and individual accessories I see.

Thank you, gang! I hope in the future, new members who come along after me will gain some knowledge from this. Because gearing up figures is probably the most frustrating part of collecting right now. You guys have been great, but I sooo wish we had a place like "Good Stuff to Go" now. I'd seriously make them rich!

Thanks again, gang!

Bill

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Searching tips on EBay, Joe style
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 11:09 pm 

i usually search "fodder lot" for my ebay scores :)

for specific items i would use the filters:
toys
action figures
gi joes

and then search your keyword
"vest" or "ak" etc.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 4:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])