Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:14 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: This review is MINE! (1:18 Larfleeze figure in hand)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:07 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

So I know folks on the board have had mixed reactions to the convention exclusive Green Lantern-themed figures we've been getting at various venues over the past year. But when I had the opportunity to grab the Larfleeze from a completely reputable and legitimate source, my avarice got the better of me.

He was waiting for me in the mail tonight, so I thought I'd share some shots and thoughts.

First he's a pretty fantastic representation of the character. Say what you want about the scale issues with some of these figures, the detailing is just amazing:
Attachment:
Larfy.jpg
Larfy.jpg [ 278.45 KiB | Viewed 893 times ]

And in terms of articulation, I've also been pretty impressed by just about every figure in the line. Larfleeze is no exception. His double-jointed knees and bendy midsection allow him to get into all kinds of greedy poses:
Attachment:
Larfy2.jpg
Larfy2.jpg [ 245.2 KiB | Viewed 893 times ]

To give you a sense of scale, here's a shot of him with my custom Hal Jordan, which is built on an MU Punisher (latest buck) base:
Attachment:
Larfy3.jpg
Larfy3.jpg [ 312.28 KiB | Viewed 893 times ]

This means he would tower over a Kyle Rayner or John Stewart from his own line. Allthough I don't have a non-customized version of either on hand, this customized Blue Lantern Kyle is pretty much the same height as the unaltered human figures so far:
Attachment:
Larfy4.jpg
Larfy4.jpg [ 270.29 KiB | Viewed 893 times ]

And just for kicks, here's a shot of Larfleeze in his appropriate place on the nefarious side of the lantern spectrum:
Attachment:
Larfy5.jpg
Larfy5.jpg [ 331.02 KiB | Viewed 893 times ]

All-in-all, I give him a pretty big thumbs up. I believe the actual release will come packaged with an orange construct creature and a great-looking Guy Gardner that will be too short to use with my DC figures.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: This review is MINE! (1:18 Larfleeze figure in hand)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:49 pm 
JC Podcaster

Wow! That is a cool looking figure! Hopefully I will be able to get his 2pk when it hits whatever con it's offered at! :)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:42 am 

I'd look for this at Emerald Comicon in a few months. That's the next big convention.

I like this looks of this figure. I have the Kyle Kilowog set still in the box and haven't popped for the Atrocitus set yet but if they are going forward with the rest I'll have to get it and this Larfleeze set when it comes out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:55 pm 

Great looking figure. Although the line's scale is allittle small compared the the MU and Joe, and I really like the detail and sculpting of them. I hope they continue and branch out further after they get the GL figures out.

Also Graphitti Design (the company who sculpted the figures for DC Collectibles) has the John Stewart/Atrocitus set up on their website for sell at the con cost if anyone need a set.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:04 pm 

Didn't even know these were "available" yet. But based on your review, I went searching and managed to snag one for a reasonable price.

Thanks, Spinny!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 am 

Ooooh, I like what I see! I haven't been collecting these figures, and I'm looking forward to the DCUC scale Larfleeze from MattyCollector in a few months, but I've always gotten a kick out of Larfleeze, and this impresses me!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:16 pm 

On another note, I found this -- cute little Larfleeze, for lack of a better term -- in the "Action League" collection. What's interesting is that he comes with a "Glomulus" construct molded in transparent orange, that's preposterously outsized for the Action League figures, but I think he'd work perfectly well as a sidekick to the forthcoming DC Signature Series Larfleeze!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:06 am 

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
I'd look for this at Emerald Comicon in a few months. That's the next big convention.

I like this looks of this figure. I have the Kyle Kilowog set still in the box and haven't popped for the Atrocitus set yet but if they are going forward with the rest I'll have to get it and this Larfleeze set when it comes out.

I heard these would be at WonderCon.

Larfleeze will come with Glomulus.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 1:14 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])