Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:28 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Let's talk Madelman 2050
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:19 pm 

So I just saw this link: http://madelman2050.com/

Does anyone have any of these? I'm looking to pick some up. Any comparison shots with joes?

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Let's talk Madelman 2050
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:42 pm 

I love the Madelman 2050 line. I've got a couple of them, and they're really cool figures. The lack of swivel-arm articulation makes them more of a curiosity than something I can use, but the weird, bright color schemes and the clean designs are very appealing. A friend got way into them a few years back and ended up getting almost everything released for the line (the ones I have were extras he gave me). The alien figures are the highlight of the line (unfortunately, I don't have any of them), but the humans are cool in their way, too. The magnetic feature is surprisingly fun: I display mine on a fuze box so they can exercise their ability to walk on walls. They're in scale with the ARAH-era Joes; I'll try to take a picture or two over the weekend. But, if you're thinking about getting some, I highly recommend them; they're a blast.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:09 am 

I have all 7 figures MOC. It's an interesting line.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:25 pm 

The lack of swivel arms is unfortunate, but it wouldn't stop me from bringing them into my collection if I could find and afford them.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:52 pm 
Plug
Plug

I have this guy. http://madelman2050.com/darman_l.jpg

They remind me of a Joe scaled Starcom. I'd probably use him more if the plastic didn't feel so fragile and he had a bicep swivel.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:30 pm 

pluv wrote:
I have this guy. http://madelman2050.com/darman_l.jpg

They remind me of a Joe scaled Starcom. I'd probably use him more if the plastic didn't feel so fragile and he had a bicep swivel.

That's one of the two I have, as well. Karsan is the other (the dude with bare arms and an orange vest). They do have a bit of a Starcom resemblance, although I've always looked at them as being similar to a lot of Japanese live-action sci-fi series from the '70s and '80s: the designs and color schemes remind me of some of the Sandy Frank stitched-together-TV-episode "movies" that used to show up on MST3K. I've been looking on and off for the Basertron playset for years. They show up from time to time, always in Europe (obviously) and always with exorbitant shipping prices (again, obviously).

My favorite part of the line is the idea that the magnet gimmick causes the disguised aliens to revert to their true form when they get close to a human figure. So, in other words, the aliens are idiots who panic at the first sign of trouble and blow their cover every time they encounter one of their enemies. I'm sure there's an in-plot explanation for that feature (hopefully along the lines of the glasses in They Live, just because that would be cool), but it's kind of funny to act it out with the figures.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:00 am 
Foreign Vehicle Driver
Foreign Vehicle Driver

I just recently bought
http://madelman2050.com/lagard_l.jpg

There is something amazingly simple about these guys that I love.

:ghost::mayor:
emoticons by Sapper

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:15 am 

I've always wondered why a toy company has never really done a space line that has original ideas, characters, vehicles and given both GIJoe and Star Wars some direct competition. Basically a GIJoe concept in space (yeah, I know, Lunartix Empire and all that) but not GIJoe. Madelman 2050 did this but it was pretty limited in release as far as I know.
Imagine a line with fully poseable aliens, giant spaceships and walkers and huge battles against alien hordes. It sometimes feels like Star Wars is the only game in town if you want to have science fiction battles.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:49 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Slightly smaller scale, but Exosquad did a pretty good job of it. And the Robotech stuff was pretty good when I was a kid, if not hard to find.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 6:28 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])