Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Black Blowtorch Back Pack?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:15 am 

I was going thru a bag of fodder and come across these 2 back packs. One has a hole for Blowtorch's blowtorch and the 2nd one doesn't. I tried out the pegs and the fit the 84 Blowotrch just fine. I thought they may have just been painted black, they came in a big lot of parts I bought on ebay, but after looking closely and doing a scratch test I confirmed that they are indeed black plastic. I looked thru the battle field accessories packs and can't find any of these in those packs. I figure the mold was used by another toy company at some point. My question is does anyone know what line these came from or has come across these in the past?

Attachments:
blkblowtorchbp2.jpg
blkblowtorchbp2.jpg [ 144.32 KiB | Viewed 616 times ]
blkblowtorchbp1.jpg
blkblowtorchbp1.jpg [ 140.3 KiB | Viewed 616 times ]

Post subject: Re: Black Blowtorch Back Pack?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:08 am 
DarkJedi'd

They appear to be thinner in width than the ARAH Blowtorch backpack, which makes me think they were made for a knock-off brand.

I have a few Low-Light v1 backpacks that are about half the thickness of the ARAH one.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:11 am 

It's entirely possible that one of them is from Lanard's The Corps. That mold was used by Lanard in several different colors, and I'm pretty sure I've seen a black Corps version before. You can see a yellow version in the first picture here. I might be mistaken, but I also seem to remember at least one of the Galoob M-P.A.C.T. figures coming with the same backpack molded in black.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:33 am 
LOVES Mattel

M-P.A.C.T. isn't Galoob... It's a Toymax product.

That aside, sgartz is spot-on. The left one is from The Corps!, more than likely from the 1996 "trio teams" revamp. The right one is from M-P.A.C.T. or Adventure Men or any such toy that recycled the tooling.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:44 am 

I figured they may have been from Lanard, there were other parts and figures from that line included in the bag .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:46 am 
Hardest screen name to real life match-up on the board.

Since this has been answered, I'm going to go off on a tangent: I always liked getting "Joe" weapons and accessories with The Corps! figures when I was a kid. Back then, I always assumed they just 'stole' the things from Hasbro by cutting molds off of existing product. Now I wonder if they licensed from Hasbro, sort of like Olmec did. Does anyone know the answer?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:32 pm 

Chap Mei does the same thing I would imagine at least with Allev Viper backpacks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:40 pm 

MarkM wrote:
Since this has been answered, I'm going to go off on a tangent: I always liked getting "Joe" weapons and accessories with The Corps! figures when I was a kid. Back then, I always assumed they just 'stole' the things from Hasbro by cutting molds off of existing product. Now I wonder if they licensed from Hasbro, sort of like Olmec did. Does anyone know the answer?

Typically, Lanard or other company would skirt the infringement issue by modifying the pack slightly. I have black Flint and Footloose backpacks that have the molded grenades redacted out. It's enough of a modification to avoid a straight copy infringement. If you look at these packs, both have molded circles on the bottom underneath the tanks that are not present on the Hasbro mold.

You wouldn't think that would be enough of a difference to avoid any legal entaglements. But, Lanard and other companies did it with enough accessories that it likely was.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 8:28 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])