Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:01 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: To Joe Collectors in or near Tucson
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:41 pm 

You might want to drop by the northwest Bookman's store at the intersection of Ina and Thornydale. They currently have a reasonably generous supply of G.I. Joe merchandise, most of it 25th Anniversary, and a bit of Rise of Cobra thrown in.

Quite a few individual figures, carded, mint condition, priced between $4.50 and $6.50.

Several boxed sets. Didn't catch the prices offhand, but they had the Firefly/Joe Soldiers set, and the DVD-based set with Baroness in her diver gear.

The vehicles were not as reasonably priced. Couple of ROC Sting Raiders for close to $40, and a 25th Sky Hawk that I think was similarly priced.

They also had some of the special edition Hall of Heroes figures.

Overall -- best display of G.I. Joe toys I've seen much of anywhere for a while...

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: To Joe Collectors in or near Tucson
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:55 am 

Would have been nice to go, just too far away. Too bad it wasn't the Grant Bookman's.

Post subject: Re: To Joe Collectors in or near Tucson
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:28 am 

Frankly, the Joe display was the most interesting thing I've seen in Bookman's for a while. Don't get me wrong, I really like the store, and have done fairly well with it, including snagging three recent Star Trek Voyager novels in successive order, rather hilariously right after I'd finished reading the previous one each time. And they were all in great shape.

But ever since the graphic novel/trade paperback section either got cleaned out or culled of most of its DC's, and the DVD section got pillaged of anything of particular interest to me, I haven't had a lot of reason to go in there. The G.I. Joe section was a nice treat.

And to those reading this that might still be inclined, you should still check it out. I didn't buy all THAT much of it...! As of Friday afternoon, there was still plenty left :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 5:01 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])