Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:37 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Canadian Heroes Force Figures
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:31 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

A Canadian friend of mine sent me these figures and harlie asked about them, so here's a quick review and some pics.

He sent me three, a woodland camo figure, desert camo and cold weather. I'm not sure if there are any others available, I haven't looked into them too much.

The figures have an ok looking sculpt to them, not as good as some, better than a lot. Their torsos are a pit pudgy and the lower arms are a pit small looking by comparison. All three of the figures are the same sculpt, just differing in skin tone and the cold weather trooper has a beard. The thick torso does keep the figure from holding the rifle across his chest.
Their articulation is a rotating head, ball shoulders, swivel arms and bending elbows and knees and a t-crotch like Star Wars figures, but the lower part of the figure's jacket is pretty stiff and really keeps the legs from moving much.
Where the figures shine is in the uniform paint. The camo job on each is great and highly detailed. On the chest is a tampo with the figure's name and the crown patch in the center of the chest as well as a Canadian flag patch on the left shoulder.

Each figure comes with a back pack and an M-16A2 rifle and the cold weather guy also comes with a pair of snow shoes and is the only figure to have holes in the bottom of his feet. The helmet is not removable. Like Joe figures, the pack fits into a back hole. I found the pegs to be a bit too short so the packs don't stay on too well.
They are taller than ARAH figures and fit in with the ME figures.

The figures also come with a file card. Each figure does have a name, but it seems to just be their last name, not a cool code name like the Joes. The file card describes the unit from which the figure serves, not the figure its self, and in typical Canadian form, the cards are written in both English and some incomprehensible dead language. Also with the sale of each figure, one dollar is donated to the Soldier On Fund.

Not bad figures, and a nice novelty for collectors.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:37 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])