Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:13 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Finally!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:51 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

OK, so one of my goals in my collecting is to have everything from 82-86. I've allowed myself some cheats, for example, rather than trying to hunt down a cheap set of gliders (because they don't exist), I'll use a couple of J_Man's gliders and when I get around to it, one of his Missile Command Centers. Same with the Cobra MOBATs and I'm not interested in the Sears Exclusive Dreadnoks vehicles.
At the same time I've been collecting the vintage stuff, I've been matching the figures with their Modern Era counterparts. Again, I have to use a few customs to cover the holes, like a decent Frostbite and the hard to find for a good price TTT Sgt. Slaughter.
The final figure I needed for both set was Listen and Fun Tripwire and thanks to a seller on eBay and a custom commission by bcost, my figure collection is finally complete. Although I only have the back pack for the O-ring version, I have the figure; that's what matters to me right now. I'll track down the mines and detector later. I even found a complete set of the original sixteen straight arm figures.
Technically it's not a 100% complete figure collection either as I don't care about getting the variations of figures like Micky Mouse Cobra Commander or the three different Recondos. OK, :roll: and as for the ME set, I'm one Fridge custom away from complete...
Basically my vintage collecting is done. Maybe if I can find the Dreadnok Stinger and RAM for a decent price I might pick them up. All I need to do now is focus on collecting whatever comes out next (yeah, I'm an optimist).

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Finally!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:01 am 

sounds awesome! group pics???

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:26 am 
Formerly Suburbanator

2DARK2C wrote:
sounds awesome! group pics???

I'm working on that next

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:23 am 

Congratulations- always great to meet a collecting goal!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:33 am 

Congrats on getting one of the more unusual figures from the early years -- and that's an impressive custom, too!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:01 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

GITrekker wrote:
Congrats on getting one of the more unusual figures from the early years -- and that's an impressive custom, too!

Yeah, bcost knocked himself out on this. He has a removable helmet and he used some different parts to get a more accurate representation of the vintage figure rather than just a straight up repaint of the 25 Tripwire.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:43 pm 

Congrats. It is always gratifying to see people achieve their collecting goals.
Good job, I am sure it was a long and drawn out (and occasionally frustrating) odyssey.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:14 pm 

That's pretty great. Congrats on the figure. I like the custom, too. I would love it if someone released an official one because it's such a funky color scheme and I have no talent to paint my own.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Sep 19, 2024 2:13 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])