Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:24 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Joe Re-launch idea
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:06 pm 

Chad and I have talked about this quite a bit recently and wanted to share.

Age 2-4 – Adventure Team
5 points of articulation in a cartoony style similar to Imaginext or Hasbro's own Superhero Squad. Supported by a cartoon focused on Joseph Colton and friends. Each episode would have a guest appearance by a Real American Hero character.

Age 5-7 (Boys) – Unit:E
Hasbro properties unite to have collectible figures and a video game similar to Disney's INfinity. Each property would have it's own cartoon.
More info on Unit:E

Age 5-7 (Girls) – Jane
The adventures of Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Cover Girl and Jinx as they battle against Baroness, Zarana, etc. This could be a spy type show like Kim Possible, or go towards a high school environment like Monster High, Equestria Girls, etc.

Age 8-11 (Boys) – G.I. Joe
Would be a first person shooter a la Call of Duty, but geared towards a slightly younger audience. Collectible action figures would purchase to gain access to characters, weapons, and power ups.

Anyway, just some thinking that I wanted to get out of my head :-)

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Joe Re-launch idea
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:22 pm 

You forgot age PG

Dreadnok preppers vs the undead horde

Cobra loses control of the zombie program, Dr Mindbender, Cobra Commander, Baroness, Leatherneck, Lady Jaye, Roadblock and most of the Dreadnoks have to team up together to survive the Zombie apocalypse

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:16 pm 

Those are fun ideas.

The crossover between video games and action figures has been mentioned so many times in here that it's amazing that it's not already a reality.
It's so obvious, make a fun video game and motivate toy sales by adding a special code with each figures and vehicles to get those characters, gear and vehicles into the video game.
The line could be called DUH! :)
Like Infinity or Skylander, but with toys you can actually play with and instead of buying a scanner, you just enter your code.
Each code would be unique so people couldn't simply post them online for everybody to get for free. We want the toys to move of the shelves.
Oh and lets say that in this world, Hasbro finally has figured out how to get toys into the stores...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:18 pm 
Donor
Donor

It's epic how many missed opportunities G.I. Joe has had over the past 30 years. Last time the brand took it by the balls was that long ago (USS Flagg).

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:02 pm 

This would be a great multipart undertaking.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:55 pm 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

Matthew wrote:
Chad and I have talked about this quite a bit recently and wanted to share.

Age 2-4 – Adventure Team
5 points of articulation in a cartoony style similar to Imaginext or Hasbro's own Superhero Squad. Supported by a cartoon focused on Joseph Colton and friends. Each episode would have a guest appearance by a Real American Hero character.

Age 5-7 (Boys) – Unit:E
Hasbro properties unite to have collectible figures and a video game similar to Disney's INfinity. Each property would have it's own cartoon.
More info on Unit:E

Age 5-7 (Girls) – Jane
The adventures of Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Cover Girl and Jinx as they battle against Baroness, Zarana, etc. This could be a spy type show like Kim Possible, or go towards a high school environment like Monster High, Equestria Girls, etc.

Age 8-11 (Boys) – G.I. Joe
Would be a first person shooter a la Call of Duty, but geared towards a slightly younger audience. Collectible action figures would purchase to gain access to characters, weapons, and power ups.

Anyway, just some thinking that I wanted to get out of my head :-)

This would work, given that it is given the appropriate support. The girls focused item would be a web only Youtube series, as your target market girls don't watch television anymore.

I would release the cartoon on Netflix, because that's where progressive stuff goes nowadays, and it's available for watching on demand (kids of that age have different and more constricted tv watching rules - if this is going to get to the audience, it has to be on demand.

I would also advise a comic and more adult themed cartoon for cartoon network. You could base it on the most recent comics, which will keep parents in the zone to buy it for their kids - and have something to base the PG movies on, and keep interest in between blockbuster cash cows.

All in all a decent strategy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:00 pm 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

Unit-e is pretty much the best idea ever if they do it right, and the worst idea ever if they do it wrong. But either way, if they did it... my god it would be glorious. I weep at the possibilities.

- R

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:39 pm 

I like the Adventure Team ideal, but instead of cartoony, I say it is time to make and take GIJOE back to the Adventure Team type of sets, only scaled to our 1:18 scale. Some of the best CORPS! sets that I have seen and owned were the adventure ones with the animals, dogsleds, adventuring gear, things like that. You could still have your rifles/guns and such, just make a separate theme for those that want the latest scaled down representations of whatever the current fad firearm is. Kind of how they handle the Lara Croft property. She is the adventuring treasure hunter, but will save the world when asked to go that route. We could get tons of gear and adventures out of a six man and woman team with specialities geared towards the multitude of environs and threats.

Really would hate to see the nice detailed and realisitic side of GIJOE go the way of the Angry Bird fascination in total.

Those here with the Monster Hunter idea have gold. We've got as many monsters in myth and legend as there are those that would hunt them.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:24 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])