Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:38 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:41 pm 

major score sat from thrift store. fisher price fire station and castle pieces. basically got a 2'x2' box of goodness for $5 :) i got a few great pieces one of wich kickstarted a njc entry for halloween!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:15 pm 
JC Podcaster

This weekend Liz and I went to Orlando with her parents!

While cruising around Orlando, we found a massive comic shop called Coliseum Of Comics. I picked up a trio of "Bones" miniatures to add to my menagerie of alien critters.

Assembled and awaiting paint:

At Downtown Disney, I picked up some great Astromech customizing fodder at Wish Apon A Toy in Downtown Disney.

The R6, R7 and R8 heads were never offered as part of any regular Hasbro products and are only available at the parks and Wish Apon A Toy.

I also grabbed a trio of the R7/R8 torsos for the R8 heads to reside on as I didn't have any spares in my Astromech Droids box.

I also picked up a very striking purple detailed R3 head.

Last time we were at the park, I picked up all of the various color combinations of the R6, R7 and R8s available as well as some of the more striking colored R5s and R7s but didn't buy every single droid I wanted due to my budget at the time. I wanted to get a few of the ones I missed out on last time but none of the pieces needed to complete a single one were present. They did allow me to buy the same number of parts that would make up completed droids (6 each) so I was able to get fodder instead of figures that would go into my collection as is.

Liz surprised me with this Disney exclusive Astromech 4pk she bought while I was photographing the various exclusives at Wish Apon A Toy for Imperial Shipyards!

She had offered to buy me it when we saw it in the airport store but I had declined as I really dislike the new legs that are missing some pretty obvious details (shoulder doodads and the wires from the front of the feet).

During our first night at the hotel she asked me again why I didn't care for the new legs and how I would make them better. I told her The shoulder doodads were a lost cause as I cannot sculpt such tiny details at my current skill level. I did mention that I had about a couple of spare Astromech feet that I could transplant the foot wires from but that I could not justify paying $30 for something I had to "fix" right out of the box.

So, being the awesome wife she is, decided to buy it for me when I was not looking and give it to me on the ride back to the hotel.

She is definitely a keeper :)

When we got back home, I discovered my NYCC Press Pass was waiting for me!

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:26 pm 

X-Force Nightcrawler I bought from someone online.
$5 clearance Two-Face at Walmart

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:59 pm 

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
Got the Amazon Marvel Legends Age of Ultron 4-pack with Bruce Banner. Got it home and realized I just need a Hulk and I have the entire MCU Avengers in 6" form complete with Fury, Hill and Coulson. Never intened to complete the team in ML scale but that's just how it happens sometimes.

I want that Banner so bad, and I'm not even sure why. I'm missing most of the MCU figures. They better make a Falcon soon.

My wife and I had our little getaway weekend for our third anniversary and she gave me one of my anniversary gifts early--Toy Soldiers War Chest for the One.

I also found a ML Kraven and I got him for $6 after gift cards. Found a 6" speeder bike set clearanced at Walmart for $9. So I finally have one of those now!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:13 pm 

Not sure if these are hitting the B&M Walgreens yet, but I ordered this one from Walgreens.com the other day.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:20 pm 

Sorry if this is a dumb question, Chief...but is that a new unmasked head or just a repainted Hawkeye?

I have the yellow costumed DD from Hasbro that was in I wanna say the Nemesis BAF wave about six years ago. This looks like an upgrade, but I'm probably going to pass. There's just too much good 6" stuff coming out to waste money on an upgraded costume.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:22 pm 

ajaman wrote:
Sorry if this is a dumb question, Chief...but is that a new unmasked head or just a repainted Hawkeye?

Honestly, I don't know. I don't get much in the way of 6" figs, so I haven't seen that Hawkeye. But it makes sense if it is.

Mainly got this so my red DD could go unmasked. And then I might whip up a ML D-Man custom ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:47 pm 

As an exclusive I'd say its a safe bet that's a repainted Hawkeye head. The Wal-greens exclusives seem to be all repaint with no new parts that I've seen. Looks like the Hawkeye head to me but its hard to be sure in package like that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:10 pm 
Donor
Donor

As an exclusive I'd say its a safe bet that's a repainted Hawkeye head. The Wal-greens exclusives seem to be all repaint with no new parts that I've seen. Looks like the Hawkeye head to me but its hard to be sure in package like that.

That's definitely the Hawkeye head. The Agent Venom was pretty much all new parts wasn't it?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:25 pm 

lococaca wrote:

That's definitely the Hawkeye head. The Agent Venom was pretty much all new parts wasn't it?

Thanks for the info, guys.

Agent Venom's torso under the vest piece, biceps and thighs were re-used I think, but otherwise, yes. I assumed Black Ant/Ant Man's head was new as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:10 am 

Nice haul on the Reaper Bones Dan! I swear by the Reaper Bones collection for great beasts, as well as translucent effects like the elementals and glow in the dark specters. They even made the quintessential gelatinous cube, complete with skeletons and treasure piles in the interior.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:32 pm 

Walked in to TRU this morning after an appointment, not really expecting to find anything. Found my way to where the new 50th Joes were stocked (on a wall with NECA, Funko, etc) and saw they had 3 pegs full of 2-packs. I flipped through them with the thought of maybe snagging another IG/Steel Brigade set if they had it. To my surprise they had not 1, not 2 but 3 Gung-Ho/Shadow Guard packs. Having missed out on this pack during the preorder and only getting a single Shadow Guard thanks to a member here I snagged all 3 packs. Used my Rewards dollars and got all 3 for $43 with tax. And with that I think I'm done with the 50th line so far.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:48 pm 

Walked in to TRU this morning after an appointment, not really expecting to find anything. Found my way to where the new 50th Joes were stocked (on a wall with NECA, Funko, etc) and saw they had 3 pegs full of 2-packs. I flipped through them with the thought of maybe snagging another IG/Steel Brigade set if they had it. To my surprise they had not 1, not 2 but 3 Gung-Ho/Shadow Guard packs. Having missed out on this pack during the preorder and only getting a single Shadow Guard thanks to a member here I snagged all 3 packs. Used my Rewards dollars and got all 3 for $43 with tax. And with that I think I'm done with the 50th line so far.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 5:14 pm 

Goldbug wrote:

I know, right? I was shocked to find the first one. Not sure why I kept digging but I'm glad I did because I found the other 2. So I think they had just stocked a few cases and I just happened to beat the notorious "TRU Scalpers". Now I have a nice squad of Shadow Guards and some "big body" fodder from Gung-Ho.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:41 pm 
JC Podcaster

I picked up another AWESOME clearance score today at TRU!

I got these:

for $4.98 each (original retail $24.99 each)!

I got 4 of these:

And 2 of these:

Loose pics with a 4" Joe to show scale:

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76 ... 379  Next

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2024 11:38 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])