Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:31 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 379  Next
 Post subject: Re: What I got today...
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:52 pm 
JC Podcaster

The 3 Dark Elves ajaman picked up for me arrived today :)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:57 pm 

Got a 25th IG from Tanstoys in the mail today.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:24 pm 

The other day, I got a Spidey Legends Arana (or whatever name she goes by now) for $14.01 because the box was absolutely destroyed, but the figure was fine. I also got DCUC Eclipso for $1.60 thanks to a coupon at TRU.

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:58 am 
King of Daikaiju

Went to TRU yesterday looking for the Keaton Batman figure, no luck, but I was very pleasantly surprised to find the Neca 6" 2014 Godzilla figure.
Size, sculpting, and articulation are pretty close to the Bandai S.H.Monsterarts figures.

things aren't as pretty... on the inside"

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:25 am 

got MOTU Classics scorpia, she looks cool. I haven't opened her yet

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 6:15 pm 
DarkJedi'd

Yesterday I stopped at Dollar General and got 2x gray Duke, 2x blue Cobra Trooper, and another green Shipwreck.

Today I got 4 new tires for my car and will be getting $160 back, which is good.

Also found the 2 WWE Rumbler 2-packs on clearance at K-Mart. Got an Evan Bourne/Dolph Ziggler, and a Tensai/Justin Gabriel.

Found a Rocket Ramp Spider-Man/Flip Strike Doc Ock set at Target. Wanted the Doc Ock head for a Dreadnok. :D

EDIT:

Forgot I got another Cap 2 Red Skull at Aldis for less than $6.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:13 pm 

I got Madame Masque from DJ the other day. Finally completed my Arnim Zola. Really cool BAF.

Also got 6" Liu Kang from FYE for $4.98 yesterday. Sweet.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 7:27 pm 
DarkJedi'd

ajaman wrote:
I got Madame Masque from DJ the other day.

Glad I could help.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:43 pm 

I got a $3 MK Nightwolf at TRU yesterday

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:14 pm 
King of Daikaiju

Got a 1990 Dark Knight Collection Batmobile to go with my Multiverse Keaton Batman figure.
The 1:18 Hot Wheels one looks great, but is closer to 1:20 and is just too small.
This Batmobile was on the small side, compared to the 5" figures that came out at the same time as it did, but it's near perfect for the 4" figures.

I never had this one before. Back in the day I had the "Batmissile Batmobile" that you could push a button on top to make the side panels blow off to reveal the Batmissile.
It was neat, but I like this one a lot more.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:23 pm 

Gaigaan-Dnok wrote:
Got a 1990 Dark Knight Collection Batmobile to go with my Multiverse Keaton Batman figure.
The 1:18 Hot Wheels one looks great, but is closer to 1:20 and is just too small.
This Batmobile was on the small side, compared to the 5" figures that came out at the same time as it did, but it's near perfect for the 4" figures.

I never had this one before. Back in the day I had the "Batmissile Batmobile" that you could push a button on top to make the side panels blow off to reveal the Batmissile.
It was neat, but I like this one a lot more.

Now THAT is damn sexy.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:29 pm 

So that is the 5" 89 Batmobile (for clarity). How does the cockpit look? How does the 4" batman look in it? Any chance of interior shots Gai? Maybe even with 4" figure in too?

Got the 1/18th diecast and would be tempted to upgrade myself.

I always fancied getting the Batwing for the 5" and converting but was always dubious to size. Now however not so much.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:47 pm 
King of Daikaiju

The Batmobile is the 5" scale Kenner Dark Knight Collection Batmobile that came out in 1990. It is sometimes referred to as the 'Turbo Missile' Batmobile, because you can launch the front turbine like a missile. It also has a flame that pops out the back & rotates when the back wheels turn and machine guns that flip out of the fenders.

I'll try to get some pictures this weekend of the interior and the interior with the 4" figure in it. I also have the 'Turbojet Batwing' that I can snap some comparison shots of.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:52 pm 
King of Daikaiju

Posted a slew of comparison pictures in the 'General Customizing' section, to keep from derailing this thread too much. ;-)

http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=41023&p=477781#p477781

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:55 am 

Today the Mrs. randomly picked me one of those Kreo Dungeons and Dragons mini blistered army builder packs and scored the me Tiefling, which was great because his blades look like the same blades that are in a game I got for my birthday in March. Kind of red-crystally kind of blades.

But that wasn't what I wanted to share, specifically.

Some weeks ago, I got the gift of sight.

My eyes are my life, and for most of it, they took some pretty big hits from falls, debris, and heredity. I inherited my father's extreme photosensitivity, where bright light, such as movie whiteouts, sunny days, car glare, and even bright computer screens hurt, and leave the afterimage on the retina for long minutes instead of seconds. My world is a world of dark brown glasses, even at night (as some will remember from SlayerCon2).

A few years ago, one of my eyes moved about a CM, totally ruining my sight and leaving me with minute incidents of clear vision for an hour or so, and then for the most part cloudly, unfocused, a few times the equivalent of when one crosses their eyes for that distinct "double vision", which makes navigating a small room just plain tragic. For a spell, the vision was layered much like a 3D Viewmaster cell.

The very machine that keeps me alive when in REM is pushing the same eye out of the socket from behind because the pressure is so hard, it can move papers off of a desk and send them flying. Each afternoon when I awaken, it is some pushing and rubbing of the eye to the relieve the built up eye pressure. Adjusting the pressure has been disastrous, as the setting I have is set to keep me breathing, and lesser pressure or as has happened recently, small brown-outs from the power, have had me stopped breathing and choking upon reviving.
My glasses, were for the longest time, quite useless.

Around the same birthday time, I had coupled my usual bloodwork with a new sit down with a new eye doctor, who after being briefed on the eye history, she set out a full on checking from the eyes to the optic nerves, and with no surgery but some corrective lenses, she would be able to restore not only the vision, but restore it to 20/20 fully, which it has not been since my late teens. The sad part was that the costs were fairly large, and sadly at a time when I had just been bled dry by the usual round of my wife's car repairs and dealing with other things related to her family. Magnifying lenses, and I own quite a few, were ineffective due to the inconsistency in the type of vision per day. There was absolutely no set pattern I could follow. Oft times, the clear vision would appear at the worse times, such as during a round of day long chores and not when I wanted it such as at the art table, or with a paperback rented from the library in hand.

My quality of life was to be put on a hold that was heading to the start of next year.

Until one of my friends here, at JoeCustoms, changed that forever. This gent not only wouldn't hear of it- the sacrifice of waiting for next year, but was even encouraged by his very spouse to see it done.

That sort of thing has only happened four times in my 54 years of life.

When it was seen through, my first day of restored sight was unbelievable. This was better than my archer's sight of long ago. I'm reading things both close and far, and counting leaves on any tree I point my nose at well over thirty yards away. I can see the dinner I eat that was only less than a foot from me, clearly, not the cloudy double vision it had been these years.

This is a debt I will spend my life repaying, for it is indeed, priceless. I am able to complete projects long put on hold. Some, for many of the members here. I can write creatively again, without having to resort to my tape recorders. While I enjoyed being "read to" from the Mrs, it is great to be able to see cards placed in my hands, without a hand-off for her to read them aloud.

This site has spawn some Random Acts of Kindness over these decades that have been nothing short of miraculous. Many times, over the years of our usual highs and lows dealing with the toys themselves, we lose sight of that fact that more than just toys, techniques, or ideas get shared here. Sometimes, lives are shared. Boons, charities, and prayers are shared.

These are the things that change lives. It is the one facet of this community that should never be forgotten. We trade and we buy and we sell, but we also lift each other up, and in some cases, like this, give us a new lease on life, by a generous, selfless act.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 379  Next

It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2024 7:31 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])