Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:15 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2dark2 CV19
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:10 pm 

i have been dabbling here and there and have a few MORE wips going.
some new fantasy pieces

this one has been on my list since day one, and i'm finally making some progress.
marvel shanna with, marvel enchantress leggs, and zartan gloves. metal breast plate is whats left of a lady thor i sacrificed befor i moved to this base. heatshrink boot cuffs. the two swords are from my fantasy knights the smaller one fitting best, but the larger more accurate to the pic.

i'm doing it the hard way and have only used parts on hand. the golden compass polar bears were my first step and i bought them over a year ago. i had the bigger one for sale until i just pulled it from ebay to maybe use insted of this one. the smaller of the two looks better, until the pics with her actually on it. the neck looks way long.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:06 pm 

That is going to be EPIC! Absolutely love what you've done so far. Great work.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:46 pm 

thanks! the "bigger" bear isn't any longer but it's thicker all over so maybe closer to the art. i really wanted the boss fight parts, but i dug around and decided that i could use baby from my ramjet team and remake her in a more movie correct way down the road.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:56 am 

Modified Shanna looks sooo cool!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:13 am 

That's a great ad and would look great as a poster behind this finished product. Good use of parts available and great technique with the heat shrink. Much easier than sculpting and you get a black base color.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:58 pm 

thanks guys! the heatshrink is so useful even if you just use it to see if you like something then cut it off and sculpt. i usually apply it and cut it off a few times as i'm trying to get it just right. her boot tops are 2 pieces right now, but i would like them to be one piece that folds over.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:17 am 

Wow... you are talented 2Dark. Every single page has amazing work!! Woooowww!!! Did you take classes or just read and watch lots of videos to learn this? Amazing work!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:48 pm 

that is very humbling 8bitboy! i stumbled on this hobby and just tried to immulate the great art i saw! i have done some kind of art as a hobby my whole life, and i did have great joe based adventures as a kid making shoe box boats abd tinker toy robots, but nothing like the art i found here,

in just about every case when i find someone who really blows my socks off, i look back and try to see where they started or atleast the oldest customs they have here. this forum is like a warp speed college, truly was for me too! you get to see so much behind the curtain and trial and error that it starts to elevate everyone who sticks around.

i think this was my 2nd or 3rd custom and my first in a group type contest. shown over my very first custom, destro's body. before i had any dio or backdrops i would just photo on top of my snakes cage.
http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... =baroness2

once i got rolling i used our coffee table for my work space. all painted on and "tagged" from years of my families art projects. you will see it in a lot of my gallery shots! my entries range from simple to silly to figures meant to haunt your night mares :) just whatever direction the hobby takes me.
http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... 5&id=15620

you can see everyones gallery entries by clicking the "customs" icon at the bottom of their post. they show up alphabetical and not by date created, but after perusing their work it is usually easy to see the old vs. new. mine
http://www.joecustoms.com/userops/profile.php?uid=8325

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:09 pm 

after a failed custom with the fortnite figure i added the SW head ro hide the horror. i like her :) i will probably barrow sgcapers stuck on earth story, or like my warpig she found the helmet and put it on to find it full of awesome tech.
i got this strange skinny chick from dropshipbob the hp head fit right on, and her earings even match color. not sure if she makes the cut for my arcade kids or will go to my granddaughter.

swapped arms and boots on the cobbled captain marvel headed gal, not sure who she'll be. i'm glad no one bought that arctic deadpool kit, it was a real mess. i never got the bunny slippers right and just swapped in lower legs from another corpse guy. the double sword scabbord broke too. he is still ironicly cool though :)

hi spec! hi jm70!

whats up doc!

i got this idea when i got the legs in a big parts lot. luke sywalker i think. they are small so i had to look for similar small parts. i'm not sure the lower arms/hands work.

little fellas

i think these guys will be for sale as a set. i see them as animated duke ,scarlet ,and lady j.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:25 am 

Whoa. You have a bunch of WIPs coming along! Intrigued to see what you'll be doing with failed Fortnite, dwarf guy and the 'animated' G.I. Joes. Still want to see what will happen with the rest. Can't wait!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:45 am 

thanks! tons of wips! and if i don't start soon on a halloween custom i might break tradition this yr. i did start and finnish dr. death and his zombie a while back. right now i am painting my alien eggs and the awesome 3d printed face huggers i just got!
from
https://www.etsy.com/listing/640235372/ ... rs=1&crt=1

he sells chestbursters too that i'm buying next. you can see i painted one of his eggs too, but they are way small. i'm not sure what he would charge for custom upsized eggs, but if not too much i'd be down for them too.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:31 am 

Awesome stuff as always

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 11:32 am 

I am floored. This is way too cool. Dude.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:26 pm 

thanks sgcaper!

i appreciate it 8bitboy! if i do home made alien eggs again it will be each individual and then assemble on a base instead of all as a clutch. i have 2 or 3 kinder? eggs that are about perfect size and don't have that 1/2 horizontal seem. i think they would work for the little shop of horrors plant too. these are super cheap alien eggs. reused easter eggs, a coffee lid, and hot glue :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2020 3:04 pm 

i made a big push to get my facehuggers done. i decided to make two distinct sets from the eight that comes together (2 of each type). one set to look as close to living facehuggers as possible and the other in more vibrant colors.

finnished egg pics coming!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:15 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])