Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Operation Mongoose: Wave 1 (pic-heavy)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:23 pm 

Steve - these are amazing customs. They are all production quality work, which is no surprise coming from you! I wish I had the time to write about each one, but I've stolen enough work time today as it is.

So I will simply say is that you've really inspired me to get back into the customizing game!

And that the Major bludd is my favorite of the bunch! Best bludd custom I've ever seen!

And that it'd be awesome to see this whole concept come to life in a novel, or graphic novel

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:31 pm 

These are all awesome. I love what you did with the Cobra's. Especially Major bludd. What a great reimagining of him. All wins here. Great job, thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:28 pm 

Awesome looking customs, would suggest some dry brushing to make them look more realistic. These would make a great box set.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:32 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

A great idea and very well executed. You used some of my favorite techniques to avoid painting. And your grafting of bits and pieces is top notch.

Love the bios, as well.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:39 am 

Ahhhh ,sgartz customs, my month is made.

Anyhow, they're all pretty awesome, Bludd and Stalker being my two favorites. When I saw the head you chose for Stalker I immediately thought of Chiwetel Ejiofor (even if I didn't know his name other than "the dude from Serenity" ) For me Stalker doesn't require a beret, the 'stache however, I'm on the fence. I'm loving the bios. I do agree they're a bit on the clean side, and dry brushing would help that. However, I can see you were really going for a minimum painting.

Anyhow, great team, and it was super cool to see new work from you.

(11:52:13) Python_Viper: yeah, the first day i met BA in person, I slept with him that night

(15:38:26) Tex: jesus deadpool gots some nice junk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:11 pm 

bcost74 wrote:
Awesome looking customs, would suggest some dry brushing to make them look more realistic. These would make a great box set.

I think drybrushing is a purely personal aesthetic.

I do like seeing customs that are dry brushed and they do look fantastic. But personally I prefer the fresh out of the box look- customs that could have been factory produced.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:21 pm 
Don't make me angry, you won't like Cranky Tanky

all around solid paint apps and parts usage clean is the word i want to use!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:12 am 

Steve! Man...you know you are my hero. Dating back to the golden days of joe customizing with the ARAH line, I have been inspired by you always, and it continues to this day with the new modern era stuff.

Wilkinson - Probably my least fave of the bunch because of the head, but it's so minor that it's like saying sex with a supermodel was bad because she wore her lingerie while you did it. Great custom!

Rich - Simple BUT awesome! Love the head choice on this one...and love the holster.

Stratton - Love the design. I am doing a Gaggle member much like this...kinda like royce from Predators. What arms are those?

Pierce - Like Rich, simple but really cool. Again, the head really makes the custom and character!

Stone - Much like my Percy. That torso is the best thing to come from the ROC lline of toys. I managed to get another Hawk at TRU ...and paid full price for it a year after the movie. I had to have another. Great figure!

"Cobra" - Very sinister looking. Love the design!

Bludd - Yes, sir. THE BEST of the customs from the design to the execution. This one is a contender for Custom of the Year. Winner!

Firefly - I love that vest...it's on my John Landham custom...as well as another coming up. Great custom...love those arms!

Sorry it took so long to comment! Look for stolen ideas and customs stemming from these customs. If I can ever get back to the old customizing desk!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm 

If you do want to grey up your Pierce fig, but not have him resemble Nick Fury, you might avoid the grey sides and go for either a white streak up top, or a general, all over "salting". Not saying he needs it or anything.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 1:47 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])