Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:29 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: First Joe Customs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:17 pm 

Hey fellas, I'm primarily a Star Wars customizer, but have been delving into Joe customs as of late. I've only done a few to date, but am working on two or three right now.

So, I won't bore you with more pointless word, here are the customs!

Ninja I made for a friend of mine. Paint wear on the knee, and not 100% on the arms.

Thoughts I had for a Joe/SW-Verse

Futuristic Swat member

WIP that's still...a WIP

This custom means a lot to me. I'm making it for a friend of mine on the Bantha Skull boards. He's a Iraq War vet, who was wounded and left virtually broken. I wish I could do more for him than just make him a stupid action figure, but I know it'll lift his spirits, so I forge on.

Comments, questions, gripes?

Thanks

Dre

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: First Joe Customs
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:37 pm 
Mr. Patience

Some very cool ideas you've got there.
I think you friend will be happy with his figure.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:16 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

Pretty slick work. I can dig it. :-D

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:47 pm 
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman
Ripe with kibble / Bojack Strobman

i really dig that futuristic swat guy and the one for your friend -- what are you recipes for those figs?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:17 am 

Lets see if I can remember all of the parts...

The ninja is a box set SS, airbrushed black. Lower arms are from V34 Snake Eyes. Shoulder armor is from Tol Skorr (star wars figure) I dremeled notches in the shoulders to accommodate the pegs of the armor. He's armed with a katana and dagger made by Blasterman.

The Snake Eyes-ish guy is Regular SE torso and arms, Arctic SE legs and head (which I swapped out for an all black version, as that head is actually blue :whistling: ) Belt is from TAC Apartment Jango Fett. Armor is DSG, trimmed. Rifle is a modded ARC trooper (I love modding those guns) pistol isfrom Mara Jade.

The Swat guy is V34 SE torso upper arms and upper legs. Cobra trooper head. Lower arms are clone troopers, lower legs are Cobra trooper. Helmet is Naboo soldier. Rifle is Marauder. Oh...and I added Viper goggles to his upper left arm. Just cause.

WIP guy is Viper Torso, upper arms and legs, V34 SE lower legs, 41st elite lower arms, Cobra trooepr web gear, Firefly head. And another ARC rifle, modded by me.

The last guy, my favorite custom ever, is a labor of love.

Upper body and arms are all black SE. legs are comic pack FF as is the vest and belt. Lower arms are Rock n Roll. Head is from the Mando multi pack.

This customs has a lot of work to go on it. I have more gear coming for him. Packs, helmets, UMP rifles. This custom will be something for the records for me. Every other project is pushed aside. This takes center stage for now. I'm planning on using the stand and flag from Jet pack Duke. I want to add my friends name after the 'Code Name:' on the stand. Anyone have suggestions on how to do so? I've seen it done, but never thought about doing it myself until now.

Thanks for the comments. I'm hoping to have more to add here in the future.

Dre

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:46 am 

cool stuff dre. i remember seeing the 1st 2 before and I like the others as well especially the swat guy and your friends custom. Keep making joe customs and forget about SW... :-D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:41 pm 

Thanks guys. I dig the easier disassembly the Joe figs offer. I may have gone away from SW for a bit...but I'll go back to them.

Eventually.

Dre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:52 am 

LOVE what you're doing for your friend. That's going to be an awesome custom. :)

Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Out of date but still: http://not-your-average-joe.embarqspace.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:14 am 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

I like your ideas and parts choices. And I can't wait to see the two WIPs as finals.

I think we actually talked about one of them on another board (I'm Knighthawk on any other sites I've logged into). Weren't you originally thinking about Clone Trooper arms on the black ninja fig?

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:40 pm 

MacGyver wrote:
LOVE what you're doing for your friend. That's going to be an awesome custom. :)

Like I said, it isn't much, but I'm hoping it helps him some.

drbindy wrote:
I think we actually talked about one of them on another board (I'm Knighthawk on any other sites I've logged into). Weren't you originally thinking about Clone Trooper arms on the black ninja fig?

I remember that conversation....kinda.

Originally I had 4-LOM fore arms on him, as they kinda had a 'blade' on them, but too many people thought them to be 'robotic' arms, so I scrapped that idea. I need to get some updated pics up of him with his new gear, sword and stuff...

Thanks for looking everyone.

Dre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:04 pm 
Plug
Plug

I like all of them. I like what you're going for with Snake Eyes. You may want to see about changing his goggles to somethign more Star Wars looking though.

The figure for you friend looks really good so far. I think he'll be really happy with that one. My one suggestion is that I wouldn't paint him in standard uniform. That might be too much emotionally. I think painting him more like a GI Joe figure will take the "realness" out of the situtation for him.

As for the stand, most people use printer labels or Testors model printable sticker sheets to print out new names for the stands.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2024 7:29 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])