Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 2:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Just Couldn't Wait for Those New Wrist Joints
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:08 am 

I had a spare set of ROC Baroness hands that I'd cut off of rest of the gloves, when I made my werewolf Scarlett. I'd been meaning to graft them onto my V1 Angelline for months, because the fingers are a little more slender looking than the 25th Scarlett fingers. I kept putting it off, but seeing the new wrist joints on the upcoming Joes inspired me. I only added this to the right wrist, because I was worried that her gauntlet might cause problems. I won't be doing this to V2 Angel, because the Cover Girl hands don't give me enough space to anchor the new part.

Image Image

The inner joint piece is a small strip of Styrene, anchored into a hole bored into the lower forearm, that used to be part of Scarlett's glove. It's pinned into a slot in the hand with a short bit of brass rod that's not much thicker than the wire most paper clips are made from.

If it ain't broke, take it apart and lose some of the pieces. Then, it'll be a custom.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Just Couldn't Wait for Those New Wrist Joints
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:51 pm 

This is a very cool custom I like the development, and the grafting look s great.

In the One verse, there is One world, one enemy, One hope,......ONEFORCE!

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 12:54 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

that is impressive. Are you worried that the parts will become brittle with use? I remain extremely impressed with the magic you can make with styrene, especially on such a small scale.

FYI - you don't have to wait for the new Joes, either. The Legacy version of Star Wars Commander Gree has those wrists (they are on the KH figure from my avatar), and many (if not most?) of the clone troopers from the Clone Wars line share them as well. The ones from the CW line, in particular, would work well for female customs, as they are very slender in their construction.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm 

Thanks guys.

Dennis, I haven't had any problems with the styrene going brittle on me. I was doing Transformers customs for a few years, before GI Joe sucked me in, and all of those are still going strong. One of my Autobot Greyryders has a joint in his gun mechanism that isn't much more robust than Angel's wrist, and it has more weight hung off of it.

Thanks for the heads up on those Clone Wars figures. I'll have to keep an eye out. I don't normally follow the Star Wars toys very closely.

If it ain't broke, take it apart and lose some of the pieces. Then, it'll be a custom.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 2:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])