Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:46 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adventure Team: "Enter: The Idea Men!"
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:27 pm 
JC Podcaster

From The Adventure Team Mission Logs:

We first encountered the technology thieves calling themselves "The Idea Men" when they raided Starkk's research facility on Dantooine looking to steal the prototype for Starkk's newest Micro-A.R.C. reactor. The Idea Men quickly overwhelmed Starkk's security teams using an assortment of (most likely stolen) advanced tech including multi-frequency sonic stunners, pulse rifles and micro gravity enhancers. Luckily a trio of my Adventurers were visiting Starkk's facility and were able to repulse the Idea Men before they could make off with the only working prototype of the Micro-A.R.C.. Little did we know at the time that the commander of the Idea Men (who goes by the codename "The Big Idea") had used his highly advanced datapad to tap into one of Starkk's mainframes and download the complete technical specs for a number of Starkk's inventions, including the target of their raid. Since then, we have tangled with the Idea Men on several occasions.

The Idea Men have stolen advanced tech from several of the Galaxy's leading weapons and technology producers including M.A.R.S., Cybot Galactica, Blastech and others.

The funniest thing regarding the Idea Men: for all of their advanced technology, they seem to constantly forget to turn on their helmets' external speakers when issuing demands resulting in having to repeat themselves several times since all you can hear is muffled mumbling until the speakers are activated...

Idea Men Commander ("The Big Idea")

Idea Men Troopers

I made 4 of them for this project:

The Idea Men!

Note: This is one of the more obscure "Crossovers" I have incorporated into my 'Verse. Can you guess where they originated?

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Last edited by The Spectre on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Adventure Team: "Enter: The Idea Men!"
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:14 am 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

I think I can guess . . . I do know that I got really, really sick of beating up palette swapped versions of them in the video game based on the show that's for sure.

I do like the idea of taking that concept and actually doing something with it beyond just the "joke". The name is perfect for an AIM/Enclave style group and it fits in well into your 'verse. As for the customs themselves, nice work as always, though they look too much like what they are for them to fully work for me. That's more my inability to separate them from their origin than anything though. Do you have an archive of your stuff elsewhere at all? I know a lot of it is still on the site here, but I know some is gone, and I'd love to go back through your stuff sometime.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:15 am 

SPOON!

Great figures man. Any nod to the Tick is a win in my book.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:56 pm 
JC Podcaster

Glad to see that there are some other "Tick" fans on the board!

Hypno- you can see almost all of my stuff from 2000 (or thereabouts) onward over at www.deathstarplans2.net in the Critiques section of their forums. I am just about the only customizer there so the section is pretty much all mine :)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:46 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])