Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:29 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ghoul and PoC Long Range
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:18 pm 

Ghoul Cobra Operator

File name: Classified

CSN: Classified

Primary Military Speciality: Unconventional Warfare

Secondary Military Speciality: Special Reconnaissance

Grade: Operator level 3

There is a little-known, rarely discussed and almost never invoked agreement among Range- Vipers that, if in great survival difficulty, and with a dying or recently dead team member, the remaining members can use the corpse to aid in their own survival.

It has only been used four times. Ghoul was involved in two of those.

Qualified top of class Range- Viper training. Top of class RV sniper course- an elite course based on the Royal Marines course. HALO and HAHO trained.

Cobra, apart from having rank and file troops, use extremely well- trained and very dangerous individuals, either promoted from within or contracted. These individuals are known as Operators and are used as Cobras unconventional warfare special forces, equivalent to the CIA’s PMOOs.

Ghoul is considered one of, if not the best, Operator in Cobra. No mean feat, considering that both Firefly and Blackout are among their number, as are the Plague.

Something of an urban legend among Cobras ranks, it is claimed by the most superstitious that he actually is a Ghoul who feasts on his enemy’s flesh. Or that he is immortal. What is certain is that even among the hardened forces of Cobra he instils both fear and respect.

Skullbuster: “I aint afraid to admit it, Ghoul scares me”

Communiqué from Rich, K. D. to Abernathy, C. D.

Hawk- we’ve had a major breakthrough in our ongoing project to identify and profile Cobra Operatives.

One of our deep cover agents has managed to download hundreds of files from a secure server. We’ve managed to find files on at least 12 known Operators and 7 suspected.

Full profiles to follow, but I wanted to give you a heads up on one that, well, I’m not sure how exactly to put this, unsettles me.

File Name: Charles Bundy

CSN: CR 7162 8473 9981

Primary Military Speciality: Unconventional Warfare

Secondary Military Speciality: Special Reconnaissance

Grade: formerly E- 7

The name is an alias- not uncommon in Cobra- but unfortunate in that it means locating school and childhood records will be practically impossible.

The alias, in itself, is telling. Charles is most likely a reference to Charles Manson, or possibly Charles Whitman. Bundy is almost certainly from Ted Bundy. This suggests a man that relates to multiple murderers. It is speculative, but could also suggest he views himself as a peer of these men.

Bundy entered Cobra as a (reported) 22 year old, passing through Viper training and went straight into Range Viper training, bypassing the usual year’s service criteria. This could indicate he had prior military training, or did extremely well on Cobra entrance exams. Likely both.

Graduated top of his class at Range Viper training. Reports will be included in the full profile. However, the gist of them is he excelled in all tasks. Was earmarked for Operator status from the start. Possesses exceptional physical fitness and well above average intelligence. IQ estimated in the 160-180 range

Works well within a team, though seems to prefer to work alone.

Extremely aggressive- even within Cobra’s relaxed mores.

There follows several bi- annual reports- all approximately the same as the training reports and several mission summaries. Again, all will be included in the full profile.

Of the mission summaries, three are of particular interest.

Mission (redacted), Afghanistan, date (redacted):

Bundy was part of an eight man team sent of a Long Range recon of potential allies and adversaries.

They were discovered by a local and were engaged in an ongoing gun battle. Four members of the team were killed outright. The other four managed to evade pursuers and entered into an E and E.

Of the four, two were wounded, one critically. Over the next three days the critically wounded team member died, and the survivors butchered his corpse and used him as sustenance. After six days and almost 100 miles travelled, they reached friendly territory and were evacuated.

Mission (redacted), Sierra Leone, date (redacted)

Again, Bundy was part of an eight man team, this time sent to intimidate and suppress the local population.

During a sweep of a small village, several team members drank from the village well.

Within hours, all that drank became violently ill and one subsequently died. Reasoning that the well had been poisoned, the enraged troop returned to the village and exacted bloody revenge.

Bundy, in particular, terrorised the locals. Taking the five pregnant women in the village, he made each kneel in front of him and one by one, slit their throats, and removed their unborn foetuses. (Thankfully) four of the children were dead on removal, but one lived. Bundy took the child and boiled it in a cooking pot. Eviscerating the tiny corpse he then ate parts of several of the internal organs, including the liver and kidneys.

Although the report is written in a detached style, it appears that the other members of the troop were horrified at his actions and it was this incident that led to his nick- and later code- name Ghoul.

Further missions are mostly blacked out- suggesting Bundy (Ghoul) was either starting to work as an operator or as support staff to them.

Mission (redacted), Siberia, date (redacted).

Part of a four man team on a Long Range Recon mission.

It seems the team greatly underestimated the weather. One team member died of exposure while on stag. The rest decided to scrap the mission and return to HQ. The weather continued to hamper them and all contracted frostbite.

The other surviving team member reports going to sleep and when he woke, Ghoul was butchering the third team member. Ghoul had stated he woke to find him dead and invoked the agreement. Both ate their teammate and returned to a pre-arranged RV within two days. The survivor expressed gratitude that they were rescued as he feared for his life if they ran out of supplies.

It seems this was Ghouls’ last mission as a Range Viper. His files have been moved to a more secure server, one we have been unable to access.

Medical records are also included from his time as a Range Viper (approximately three years).

In that time, he was stabbed, shot or wounded over twelve times. At least two he was considered critical and unlikely to survive.

He has also survived three explosions, including one that killed the two people directly beside and behind him.

One major incident of relevance:

Ghoul was attacked and stabbed three times in the back by another Range Viper- a friend of the man he butchered the second time.

Ghoul, though in severe pain and bleeding profusely, disarmed his attacker and bit a chunk out of his neck, severing both the jugular vein and carotid artery.

He then stood and watched as he died, ensuring no one could assist him. He also swallowed the chunk of flesh he had bitten off.

He was put up for Court Martial for this, but as he was clearly attacked and not the aggressor he was cleared of all charges.

In summary:

I feel there is enough evidence to support a diagnosis of a Sociopath. However, Ghoul does fit in to the Cobra culture and has never openly transgressed any of their rules.

This suggests a highly controlled and disciplined personality. He appears to hold to his own moral code, but can and does exist within an imposed statute of limitations.

I think we can safely discount the more outlandish rumours of immortality and that he is an actual Ghoul. In fact, the fact that he appears not to have made any attempt to counter these rumours suggests he may revel in his notoriety and quite likely promotes the image.

He has been seriously wounded several times and has recovered. This suggests an extremely wilful, highly motivated individual.

He has eaten human flesh on at least four documented occasions. Of these, three can be said to have (dubious) context to them- the two survival situations, allied to the agreement that exists, and the eating the child- could be construed as terror tactics.

With the last incident the only context I can suggest conjecturally is that he did so to perpetuate the rumours and supposition that surround him. There is no documentation to support if he mentions enjoying the taste of human flesh, or any mention of further incidents, but there is more than enough circumstantial evidence to suggest this man could be classified as a cannibal.

I believe this individual should be classified at our highest level of risk.

thanks for reading (if you did).

Last edited by bigtattoo on Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Ghoul and PoC Long Range (WIP)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:26 pm 

Never collected the Sigma 6 toys but two characters really caught my attention- Lt Stone and Long Range. So heres my attempt to convert him to PoC

Long Range

File name: Gonzales, Lorenzo S SN: RA 827- 63- 0315

Primary Military Speciality: Sniper/ Scout

Secondary Military Speciality: Mobility/ Driver

Birthplace: Santa Fe, New Mexico

Long Range grew up in a poor area of Santa Fe and, in his own words, “on the wrong side of the tracks”. A junior delinquent, he had the unenviable record of having the most arrests in the City, mostly for car-jacking and driving offences.

When he turned 17, he was given a choice- serve 7 years in jail or join up for National Service. Long Range took the latter, joining the USMC and has never looked back.

Trained as a sniper/scout, Long Range quickly found his true talent, becoming the best sniper in recent history. Won the Annual US Army Sniper Competition twice.

Joined Force Recon where he cross-trained with several of the worlds best Special Forces units. He also completed the elite Royal Marines sniper course.

Came to the attention of the GI Joe team when he supported the now-defunct Sigma team in several covert operations. He impressed enough that he was offered a full-time role with the team.

Duke: “What can you say about Long Range? He’ s as deadly as Low- Light with a sniper rifle, rivals Clutch for the title of the best (and craziest) driver and is the only member of the team that out parties Barbecue”

Again, thanks for reading.

looking at the pics i need to do a lot of touch-ups here.

Not too sure about the boonie hat- I included it because i) he has one in his Sigma 6 vII fig and ii) I wanted to give a wee homage to Cougar from The Losers.

still need to add a ponytail, but am too chicken to scuplt one on. I do have several ponytails from various figs in my fodder boxes but cant find any of them.

Last edited by bigtattoo on Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:27 pm 

Great stories, Ghoul is sick and twisted, i like it, great custom. nice twist on long range. Great Job

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:56 pm 

Good stuff my man they look good really digging the Ghoul he looks ready to mess some sh*t up!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:33 am 

Ghoul looks like a cool Plague-style character, but I'm really impressed with Long Range. I like that you seem to have made him a mix of the new sculpt and Sigma Six versions. The color scheme and gear are really cool, and that head works great with the distinctive sideburns.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:23 pm 

hey , thanks all for the replies.

I was a bit worried that Ghoul's bio was a little over the top. I'm glad it seems to have gone over ok.

LeeMarvin80 wrote:
Ghoul looks like a cool Plague-style character, but I'm really impressed with Long Range. I like that you seem to have made him a mix of the new sculpt and Sigma Six versions. The color scheme and gear are really cool, and that head works great with the distinctive sideburns.

I was attempting to create a Plague-style character without the (IMO) restrictions the Plague places on members.
Glad I appear to have achieved that.

I also wanted a figure that was loaded with enough gear that he looked like he could start, and possibly finish, a war on his own.

Long Range- I always thought that Beachhead's armour was influenced by Sigma 6, so it was the ideal starting point.

Ideally Id get another Low Light fig and arm him with the Cheytac Intervention. And Id love to get a soft goods trench coat but finances wont stretch to that.

But Im glad he seems to have bridged the gap somewhat. That was the plan.

Once again, thanks for the comments

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:04 am 

Finally grew a pair and sculpted a ponytail. Now its Long Range

gave him some more gear also:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 7:29 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])