Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: A few simple WIPS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:57 pm 

Just snapped these with my iphone, sorry for the bad color and quality:

Minor adjustment to the Rock Viper. Gave him his signature giant gun and modded and ARAH head to work on him. If I feel brave, I'll try to mix up the exact red of his helmet and paint his armor, including those unpainted shoulder pads. I know not everyone likes this head, but it's much more distinct and fun to me. :)

I've been popping all my HV/VV masks securely on the body... I think it actually makes a big difference in the visual "flow" of the figure. That and all the talk about the HV/Toxo-Viper similarities got me wondering if that giant helmet would fit on the large neck ring of the figure. It takes just a little dremeling to remove the lip from the helmet and widen the opening just a bit to get a secure fit...

But now I'm left wondering, do I paint the helmet orange... or go all out and paint the figure classic Toxo-purple? I'll replace the gloves with bulkier, longer one, but they won't be red like the old Toxo Viper.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: A few simple WIPS
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:06 pm 

Quick photochop.... not sure I want to go the purple route... the helmet really does look awful with purple, and doesn't look much better recolored to match.

Maybe a black Toxo-Viper helmet on the Volcano-Viper Body instead? Would be easier to swap those gloves for bulkier work gloves too... :/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:24 pm 
MR FACTUALLY ACCURATE FACTSMAN

Maybe try black for the blue parts of the helmet, leave the orange mouthpiece, and match the Hazard Viper bronze for the brown? I like how it looks though. Probably have to track down some Toxo Viper helmets now. . .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:07 pm 

I like the purple more than the orange, but still wearing purple is not a great choice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:00 am 

Yeah. :/ maybe I could do the suit in black with purple on the detailing? Sounds a little boring. Will require more thought.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:48 am 

nice job man and i like the rockviper the best.

O RING 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:36 am 

purple is better than orange for the custom... just have to add one or two more colors to it, so it won't seem like a Techno-Viper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:18 pm 

Mainframe wrote:
purple is better than orange for the custom... just have to add one or two more colors to it, so it won't seem like a Techno-Viper.

Interesting. I hate to use the bits of red from the original because it's SO garish, but maybe I could work the cyan back in. Perhaps in COBRA's world purple means: "Warning! Science Afoot!" and cyan means "SERIOUSLY, THERE MIGHT BE MUTANTS!"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:20 pm 

I think you could make a case for some shade of blue/green being Cobras hazardous materials denotation. Both Toxo Viper versions, the Sludge Vipers and the Heavy Waters all had some shade of blue-green in their deco. Same with Cesspool. It hasn't always been the same colt, but they're all in the same family. I like the orange myself, but that may just be because I don't want to repaint all my Hazard Vipers.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 pm 

I'm starting to like the idea of purple with that green/cyan.

And to be clear, I actually love the Hazard-Viper as is, and the Volcano-Viper. Definitely making the Toxie to go with them, not replace them. :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:46 pm 

That Rock Viper looks killer with the ARAH head. Makes me want to count up my vintage ones and see if I have any spares.

For Toxo, I like the idea of keeping the same basic body for the three related viper classes. I think all purple with a couple brighter touches could work as a neat update, but going with something closer to the original would be cool too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:25 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])