Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:15 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Falcone's WIP Roundup
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:37 pm 

This thread will be where I share my current WIPs. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Shooter
This custom violates my number one rule of avoid painting at all costs since the entire figure will be painted. I decided to use a removable shoulder harness since the one molded into the figure is pretty weak. I took it and the belt from a DG Duke. I used several 25th 5-pack Joe Trooper bodies for customs and had several brown H-harness' left over. I transferred those harness' to the DG Dukes since they look more like basic infantry with an h-harness as opposed to a shoulder harness. I was planning on using ROC Scarlett for a Firewall custom, but since she wears a jacket I will be using different arms on her so I will be using those arms for Shooter. Deciding on arms took a long time. These ones aren't accurate since they don't have an upper arm pocket or sleeve cuffs, but the options for female arms were very limited. I had at least a dozen female figures in front of me as I labored over which arms to use.
Attachment:
IMG_0364.JPG
IMG_0364.JPG [ 128.57 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]

Mantis Sub Commander (Sunbow)
This is a custom that I've wanted to do for a while and is actually pretty simple. The body and upper legs along with some detailing are all that really need to be painted. I will be cutting the sides of the should guard as well as opening up the middle of it a little more. I'm waiting on the head pictured from Broken Arrow.
Attachment:
IMG_0365.JPG
IMG_0365.JPG [ 137.47 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]

Leatherneck (Sunbow)
Leatherneck is kind of difficult to determine what he's wearing. The original figure looks like a two tone shirt, but in Sunbow and on the cardart it looks like a vest. I decided to go with a vest. That way I can get the padded look for the lower body, and the BDU top for the upper body. I'll also be modding the vest enough to make it look different from Scrap-Iron. The best part of this custom is that I don't need to paint the base figure. In the picture you can tell the difference, but in person all the green matches. He is made using parts from 3 different figures. The only part I don't like is the lack of straps around the thighs. If I can find a figures that has straps and matches in green then I will use them. I don't plan on using the hat pictured. The 8 point caps in Sunbow are very pronounced so I will be sculpting points onto a VvV Gung-Ho removable hat.
Attachment:
IMG_0395.JPG
IMG_0395.JPG [ 220.08 KiB | Viewed 306 times ]

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Falcone's WIP Roundup
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:26 pm 

Wow, that's a GREAT idea for Leatherneck. I can totally see where you're going with it. If you can get the Duke arms that don't have the split wrist, that could be the only improvement I see so far. Looking forward to seeing how the whole set turn out.

Post subject: Re: Falcone's WIP Roundup
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:35 pm 

No more O-ring customs from you?

BTW nice Modern Era WIPs.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2024 10:15 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])