Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Star Wars Avengers - UPDATED: HLK
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:23 am 

These guys won't be going into the gallery, because well, not 'Joe related, but I thought I'd still share them here. My mashup of the Avengers in the Star Wars universe.

CAPTAIN ALDERAAN
"The sole survivor of an experiment to apply Clone combat training and flash learning to non-Clone soldiers representing various member-systems of the Republic, the volunteer from Alderaan was cryo-frozen in an emergency medical pod when the research facility housing the project fell to Separatist sabotage.

Thought dead, he drifted frozen in Outer Rim for decades until a chance rescue by Rebel salvagers. Essentially brought back from the dead, he was recruited by former Clone Commander Fury to join the Alliance in taking on the Galactic Empire, to bring back the ideals of the Republic that had fallen while he been in suspended animation.

He took on the title of Captain Alderaan in memory of his lost homeworld, and fashioned his armor after the Clone soldiers who had once been the champions of the Republic."

Attachment:
captainalderaansmall.jpg
captainalderaansmall.jpg [ 130.9 KiB | Viewed 805 times ]

Last edited by DanOfTheDead on Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Avengers - Captain Alderaan
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:35 am 
HATES Mattel

Definitely an interesting idea, although I'd just go with 'Star Avengers'. He needs some more color to not look like a Trooper wearing a Death Squad Cmdr's wok, imho; although I love the use of Embo's hat for the shield.

I definitely want to see more characters, too.

/do a bash of Lando and Starfox!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 am 

AdrienVeidt wrote:
Definitely an interesting idea, although I'd just go with 'Star Avengers'. He needs some more color to not look like a Trooper wearing a Death Squad Cmdr's wok, imho; although I love the use of Embo's hat for the shield.

I definitely want to see more characters, too.

/do a bash of Lando and Starfox!

Thanks AV. The whole project pretty much grew out of that hat/shield. Right now I'm pretty much just shoe-horning Avengers characters into the Star Wars theme without doing a straight character-to-character mashup.

Just using the Star Wars Avengers name to say what it is, but that did get me thinking it needs a more clever name/tagline. "Alliance Avengers: The Galaxy's Mightiest Heroes?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:18 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Very cool, he really does look like a new galactic super hero!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:29 am 
Plug
Plug

I love the concept. I like the parts. But I agree with AV that the white seems very Stormtrooper-ish. Maybe grey would work better.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:51 pm 
HATES Mattel

FWIW, the SW wiki says this is the flag of the House Organa; which served as the flag of Alderaan at the time of its destruction:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:19 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

While this is a very simple and straightforward interpretation, I am virtually giddy waiting to see where the rest of the group goes.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars Avengers - UPDATED: HLK
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:44 pm 

Attachment:
hlksmall.jpg
hlksmall.jpg [ 156.78 KiB | Viewed 709 times ]

"In an attempt to research alternative combat resources to the Clone Army, a Republic scientist pursued an experiment to create superior military droids to those relied on by the Separatists. His research involved a variation of “reverse flash training,” essentially using sentients’ brain-scans to imprint advance logic and reasoning onto artificial droid minds.

He, and all of his research into the field, were seemingly destroyed when he initiated a self-destruct measure when Separatist forces attempted to steal his project. In the ensuing chaos, he was able to imprint part of his mind into a simple Heavy Utility/Loader Kind droid he’d been experimenting on, capable of withstanding the destruction of the facility around it.

This HLK droid then wandered the galaxy, housing the secret intellect of a great scientist and the advanced combat protocols he’d designed inside. It remains unclear which “voice” is truly in control, and though now a valuable ally to the Alliance Special Forces group, AVENGERS, it can be as unpredictable as it is destructive."

Last edited by DanOfTheDead on Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:54 pm 
HATES Mattel

We need to see more pics of these guys in different poses, man. Seriously, yo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:15 am 
Plug
Plug

HLK robot SMASH! Great idea to make him a droid.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:09 pm 

Very nice. I assume the self destruct device was a gamma based device....or maybe a gamma denial protocol.

25th Serpentor / ROC Speed Metal

"You can't re-schedule scheduled maintenance that's been scheduled!" - Skipper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:46 pm 

Tsunami wrote:
Very nice. I assume the self destruct device was a gamma based device....or maybe a gamma denial protocol.

"Self-destruct Sequence: GAMMA". I like it. Good idea!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:21 pm 

Love the concept, as well as the finished pieces. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the team!

The Hulk was a very early childhood favorite, so I have a soft spot for HLK. His back story is great, and making him a droid is brilliant. Great homage to the "man trapped in a monster" idea, while making it totally fit within the Star Wars mythos.

Too freaking cool!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:31 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])