Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Oring Iron Grenadier Medic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:46 pm 

This guy started as out as a weapons tech/preCobra Scrap Iron, but has developed into something else. I carved/sanded the cobra insignia from the helmet before painting and still need to paint the hair. I did the same with the grenades on the vest and carefully cut new grooves into the torso using a dremel on a very low rpm.

Working bio:
Code name: Bonesaw
Primary Specialty: Medic/battlefield surgeon
Secondary Specialty: HMO Rep/ Actuary/ Insurance Adjuster

(Rough outline): Bonesaw was hailed as the most gifted surgeon of a generation in his home country. Seeking fortunes beyond his fame, Bonesaw made his way to the west to practice his craft at a higher income level. He was shocked when he was denied a medical license and began selling his services wherever he could. One of his new patients provided him with a high quality forged license. Bonesaw intended to make his fortunes through his new, somewhat legitimate means, but was stymied once again by the true profiteers of western medicine: insurance companies. It was a new scheme that targeted those companies that finally brought Bonesaw to the attention of law enforcement and, more importantly, Destro.

In addition to his battlefield duties, Bonesaw is the only permanent employee of Iron Indemnity International (a subdivision of MARS Inc), the private insurance provider for the Iron Grenadiers. He personally calculates the actuarial tables, writes & issues all policies, and collects and processes all payments & disbursements. He has been known to deny battlefield care to any IGs that have fallen delinquent on their Iron Indemnity premiums.

Looking for input regarding accessories or any other suggestions.

Sometimes you have to break a toy to make it better.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Oring Iron Grenadier Medic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:30 pm 

if you had not said you removed the grenades, i would of never known! great job. everything looks good, but i think the helmet could be better painted a darker color. it is hard to make out the outline of the helmet in the white/gray.

cool bio and he sounds like a cold dude :)

as far as accessories, how about a cooler for organ transplant and a metal bladed circular saw :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:30 pm 

He needs at least a clip board or tablet. A knife like the one from Slice looks like a bone saw and any small caliber machine gun like an Uzi. I'm drawing a blank for a backpack that will hold the saw and tablet other than Bombstrike's.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:37 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

First of all: welcome to the site! Always nice to have a new (ARAH) customizer around!
Is this your first custom or have you done other/earlier projects too?

I agree with 2DARK2C about the helmet, but mainly because of the visor. How about making it more striking by painting the edges in black? I did that with my Woofer and Night Flower. I think that makes it "pop" just a little bit more.

Repainting the helmet in black should work too, but that would also make it look like the original Scrap Iron as well. I'd go for red instead, when repainting the helmet completely.

Great job with removing the Cobra emblem and the grenades, I didn't notice it at first!
I also like the new skin color and the bio. :like:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:22 pm 

Thanks for the warm reception guys! I totally agree with the suggestions offered about the helmet's visibility. I touched up the 'headphones' and outlined them and the goggles in black to help the helmet stand out a bit better.

I used a backpack and handsaw from Lanard:

With some other IGs:

Tim, I customize lots of toys but more often make figures that aren't for specific lines. Recently I've been working on a few IG figures and Despoiler variants plus another ARAH figure or two. Bonesaw is just my latest.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:52 pm 

Nice team. Where is the "hood" on the last custom from?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:03 am 

Thanks Rambo! The hood is from the comic 2 pack resolute pilot Destro.

http://www.yojoe.com/action/09/destro22.shtml

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:26 am 

That's a good use of a modern part.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])