Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:09 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: 2dark2 CV19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:11 am 

I finally got some pics of what I've been up to. I still haven't got a program/app to edit pics on my new laptop I like, so i'm back on my old one. I had over 200pics that I took last night and this morning. some of these have been in and out of different tubes and vials so much they need touched up.

these 3 could be any scale from ours up to 1:1. they all just need a permanent display and write up.

my #1 favorite discovery in my lab thus far. pulled from deep inside the code of xenomorph dna. it appears to be a lifecycle for an ecosystem totally void of fauna. surviving off the energy collected in the sweet nectars and sap from within certain plant species. along with some photosynthesis ability of it's own. this little guy is a treehugger. rubber spider with skylander and other random bits.

lab grown giant predalien nymph. micromachine? SW beast and reaction alien tail.

slither parasite . mib stalk eyes and toob prehistoric sea creature.

all of these need paint a home plus write up-
alien queen chest bursters. dollar tree crab claws on sea horse tails (both came in set of sea life) inside iPhone earbud case.

toddler neomorph alien. crab claw and unknown mini figure.

hybrid slitherped and 2 snailiens
sped is mib stalkeyes, rubber spider legs, and unknown sqid body.
snailiens are the heads from the pokemon figures I used to make suckerpods for the cobra la' gp with dt sea horse bodies, and imaginext alien tails

alien dog -ripley (inspired by planet 51) reaction alien head w/boss fight knife handle (painted for my skull trophy wall), 7" xeno tubes, megabloks alien tail and terra dalmation

dwarf xenomorph drone aka xenohawk. megabloks alien with old? megabloks wings, reaction alien queen talons, Godzilla line tail
I had this all pinned together as a static figure using a little winged dino body. then I realized the mb base figure could get me articulation. I blew out one of the wings drilling for the "arm" so I used wire and hotglue to repair it.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 2dark2 CV19
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:07 am 

these two static figures are mostly for display or prop use. they are both on dollar tree nemo figure bases. the demon-ish one was a game piece. the little anky is my spirit animal.

I showed the small winged juvenile dragon before, but since then I remounted the wings to be more inline with the arms. the other little dragon is a mix of skylander, jp, and I think an older mb head.

more fantasy baddies

VIDAR the creeping vengeance -lbc w/ fortnite head, pop base, me snow serpent gloves. lego horn and custom axehammer.

wild hare the savage bunny- unknown static rabbit on sw base w/fortnite bunny tail. ij tomahawk and bolo.

horses arse man the centaur . marvel head, streetfighter upper and arms, sw alien hands, dollar tree horse, skylander tail.

finally getting somewhere with my fantasy horses. I have plans for 8 so a long way to go.
unicorn- possibly white knights mount. safari ltd w/unknown horn just pinned on for now. I think it's too long.

warhorse v2- black or red knights mount. mojo horse spawn bits w/unknown bridal.

chloros -undead horse of the pale knight. Halloween rat skeleton 2 dollar tree horses

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 3:06 am 
DarkJedi'd

I don't have any of this stuff in my collection, let me say that first...

But seeing how you've taking a part from this and part from that, mixed with this and that, too make unique creatures for some exotic alien menagerie is absolutely fascinating.

It's almost like getting one of the old Star Wars RPG book/Alien Creature book and and bringing all the creatures off the page.

Nice work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:25 am 

These are amazing.

I love that bunny figure. I need to make one for a storyline I’m working on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:56 am 

Looks great

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:23 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Creepy stuff going on there!
I really like the centaur.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:13 am 

thanks darkjedi! it's mostly due to how i stacked up fodder. every time i got too much i would start chopping up figures and just keeping the parts i like. then i have a couple zip locs of fantasy or bones or animal parts etc. now i have plastic shoebox totes with different categories and two huge bins of random bits and greebles. the random bits make it possible to connect the bits i like together.

thanks sgcaper! when i first used that bunny head it was on a warrior ape? from that awok? premium line. i gave him a huge samurai sword. was going for that tmnt bunny look. when drbindy sent me a box of goodies the 5pt sw beast guy was in there. after popping the bunny head on it i like it much better. i'd like to make other alice in wondrland characters in a savage or wilding type theme.

i appreciate it josh.kestner!

thanks tim! i have a lion arse man, a spider arse man, and now finally a horse arse man :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:15 pm 
Plug
Plug

I don't know why I click. I do it anyway knowing it will be both trippy and serve as nightmare fuel, and yet I have to because I know it will be cool. But then I can't sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:05 pm 

I could stare at this stuff all day.

Does the dragon have a slight metallic wash on it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:57 pm 

what no ewe! needs more blood n guts i guess :) thanks pluv.

i really appreciate it past nastification. both the dragons need to be painted so if there is it was on the parts. you might be seeing hot glue since it has become my #1 go to glue. also for texture i've been adding it then come back and snip ragged chunks.

everything that can gets steel pushpins. that holds it together until i get it right where i want it. then separate just enough to squirt all over and press it back together. on the back of the rabbits head there was too much neck showing so i used steel pins to strengthen hotglue. i've done joe boot transplants by pinning and glue too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:08 pm 
JC Podcaster

Very cool alien critters!

Loving the figures as well!

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:37 pm 

thanks spec! also thanks again for the tiny xeno :)

some spray paint

getting the queen bursters or are they embryo's? mounted. I like the wire bundles but not the hose lay out. nothing is glued down.
my wife told me this earbud box was probably from the dollar store, i'm glad because it is all scratched up. I have real iPhone earbud boxes but they are made different.
topless
filtered

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:59 am 

I like those life form samples, great use of parts and reminds me of the collectors building in Guardians of the Galaxy.

I went to Hell and killed the devil, now I can't tell time.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:15 pm 

rhanks dropshipbob!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:48 am 

this was another attempt at filling in the alien specimen box.
weed eater line, litebrite pegs, wire, Bionicle bits, random bits.

it was too busy for me, and covered up some of the specimen (the whole reason 4 the display is to see them). I tried several more combinations and ended up with this.
weed eater line, 1 litebrite peg, 22 short spent brass, wire, tiny bubble wand tips, slide lock from? a cleaner bottle maybe, Bionicle bit under main compartment.
cover on
w/figure for scale

it looks to me like the two specimens are being drained of their nasty green blood. why? to test it and develop it into a weapon. to remove a full one and add an empty just slide the red handle up. don't drip though :)

I was getting my space cleaned off to start painting the critters I sprayed yesterday plus the trophy wall pieces from months ago. but instead I mocked up all these creature specimens. based on the great demi-tentacled-dog past nastification made.
tentacled dog/monkey/shark/giant rat, an evil giant Pikachu, another alien nymph?, and a spider monkey :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:09 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])