Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Cobra Desert EOD, Flamethrower, & Hazardous Env in Blue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:35 pm 

Few weeks back I got the weird idea that why aren't there standard Cobra blue versions of the Desert Assault Troopers (Explosives Expert, Flamethrower, and Hazardous Environment).

I'm also kinda obsessed with the idea that a blue shirt is the entry rung of Cobra and should also have various divisions as blue shirts before moving up to more specialized units such as Vipers, or Incinerators etc.

This partly springs from the 1982 Cobra Trooper and Cobra Officer exclusives that came with other weapons...like the Machine Gunner, or Bazooka, or the officer with the mortar (more on that in another post as it's a whole other project I'm working on).

But I did a mock up of these three in blue and loved it...

So I did the real things...yes I made some changes from the art I mocked up...partly to keep things simple in painting...BUT I think the effect came out nicely none the less...

Cobra EOD Trooper (aka Explosive Expert)

Cobra Flamethrower Trooper

Cobra Hostile Environment Trooper

Custom Rule #1: Honor the spirit of the character
Custom Rule #2: I'm not that great a customizer so keep it as simple as possible

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Cobra Desert EOD, Flamethrower, & Hazardous Env in Blue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:20 pm 

I like these a lot.

Hasbro went down the path of making a this-viper and that-viper, but I always liked the proto-televipers in Marvel comics as a better example of how to expand off of the base Cobra soldier/officer.

The EOD Trooper is my favorite. The Hostile Environment has a great look, though I'm always frustrated that Hasbro didn't make the quilted torso pad as removable webgear, which would have hidden the mid-torso articulation point.

Post subject: Re: Cobra Desert EOD, Flamethrower, & Hazardous Env in Blue
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:25 pm 

past nastification wrote:
I like these a lot.

Hasbro went down the path of making a this-viper and that-viper, but I always liked the proto-televipers in Marvel comics as a better example of how to expand off of the base Cobra soldier/officer.

The EOD Trooper is my favorite. The Hostile Environment has a great look, though I'm always frustrated that Hasbro didn't make the quilted torso pad as removable webgear, which would have hidden the mid-torso articulation point.

I'm with you on that quilted vest issue. It looks so weird split like that.

Custom Rule #1: Honor the spirit of the character
Custom Rule #2: I'm not that great a customizer so keep it as simple as possible

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 19, 2024 7:43 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])