Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:09 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The Master of Time, Evil Being from the Future!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 3:25 pm 

This is the final villain in the "Proto-Villain" project and this one.... heh heh heh. Definitely not an OC but close given what I had to do to make him. I've been waiting a long time to do this one. Introducing The Master of Time, Evil Being from the Future! He is the "Nick Fury" of our band of forsaken villains on a mission to be remembered! Of all the Proto-Villains, he had it the worst. He never had an image made of him or a toy and he was used strictly for marketing Terron, renamed Gargon in the UK. Palitoy crafted a story to sell The Intruder and Terron that made them members of a team referred to as the "Time Enemies of Action Man".

The Master of Time was name dropped only once and referred to as an "Evil Being from the Future" just once on the back of the box in the fake newspaper article dated June 10th, 2020. Even that date was nuts way back in 1977-78!

Here is the inner newspaper with an artist's impression of what the "Time Door" looked like. According to the articles, The Master would send various terrors through the Time Door to wreck havoc upon humanity.

Given the extremely scant details I had to work with, I think I gave the Master of Time possibly his first appearance ever.

I chose this appearance for a number of reasons. The details describe him as someone from the future hence his 'futuristic' appearance. He is a "Master of Time" which suggests he's some sort of space wizard that can command time. I think he may use a combination of technology and magic due to the Time Door appearing mechanical in design. Also, being a Master of Time suggests high knowledge of how Time Works. I decided he had to be from the Intruder race because of the Intruder logo they used. It was supposed to sell The Intruder himself but it also sold the idea that The Time Enemies must be headed by someone of that race. The cool part is that there are two logos: a red one and a yellow one. I decided that he is of the Intruder race from the yellow logo. His race are cousins to the Intruders of the red logo hence why his eyes have colour in them. His race commands more magic and are physically weaker, whilst the original Intruders are more, er, technologically inspired and physically stronger. The Master of Time is like paper! Very frail.

More Images:

I also gave him a battle mask for those heavy battle moments.

For the last image he's shown using a mage staff. What colour(s) should I apply to the hilt?

You know. He should be casting spells from an iPad over a tome or mage staff. I am going to make an iPad now haha! Thoughts?

Finally, here is a terrible image of the team! Going to work on a better picture when I get a chance. I really need a background now. 2DARK2C. You're right haha!

Last edited by 8bitboy on Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: The Master of Time, Evil Being from the Future!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:07 pm 

most impressive of the set! others are more techical and maybe more work done, but he is just a really cool figure! i was hoping for a flava flave clock around his neck :) he could very well be the george carlin character from the og bill and ted movies. i don't remember his name/title but i think he was an overseer of time. there is also "time" from alice through the looking glass movie with really cool imagery. it might be something for your background to make the actual mechanics of time if you have a literal vision of cogs and such. i also really like ogras solar system map for a literal keeping/predicting of time,

what are his parts used? heads specifically.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:26 pm 

2DARK2C wrote:
most impressive of the set! others are more techical and maybe more work done, but he is just a really cool figure! i was hoping for a flava flave clock around his neck :) he could very well be the george carlin character from the og bill and ted movies. i don't remember his name/title but i think he was an overseer of time. there is also "time" from alice through the looking glass movie with really cool imagery. it might be something for your background to make the actual mechanics of time if you have a literal vision of cogs and such. i also really like ogras solar system map for a literal keeping/predicting of time,

what are his parts used? heads specifically.

Thank you! I pretty much have gotten the same response from all closest to me when they see The Master. He seems to be super impressive. And parts. Wow. I can't believe I forgot to list them! Here we go:

He was built using Acid Rain World Custom Bucks Squad (unmasked) and Acid Rain World Custom Hengshan Hongxiong Deer Squad (masked) heads; G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra Storm Shadow Rifle and Thermite Warhead, Pursuit of Cobra Alley-Viper Body and Rise of Cobra Snake Eyes Trench Coat; BFS Vitruvian HACKS Armoured Belt accessory; Unidentified Star Wars (?) pistol.

I made this guy way back in 2018 and I'm only now showing him off. Man. Why did I wait this long? haha!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:33 pm 

he fits in with your current line up very well!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 pm 
JC Podcaster

He should be an incarnation of the renegade Time Lord known as "The Master" ;)

Visit me on Facebook!
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000474627568

https://www.facebook.com/Spectreverse/

Follow me on Twitter: @The_Spectre_DK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:24 pm 

The Spectre wrote:

Funny you should mention that because when I started coming up with what he should look like, the first thing I researched was Time Lords and Dr. Who's Master showed up as one of them. Apparently, the creator of The Master of Time over at Palitoy was inspired by Dr. Who's nefarious arch-nemesis. I rather he be independent of that association though but the name alone is close enough haha. I'd really like to get in touch with the writer of that Time Enemy storyline.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:43 am 

You did such an amazing work with the whole line up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:13 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

Really dig it. Nice work on the whole set and I like the originality of fleshing out a character with little known details.

If you any an iPad there are some nice in scale tablet from marauder and also zombie lab

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:23 am 
HATES Mattel

The Spectre wrote:

Here I was thinking the War Doctor. Most cool in any case.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:52 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:27 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:39 pm 

jcast wrote:

Never seen a full episode of anything Dr. Who but I gotta say, that clip of The Master as Prime Minister was hilarious!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:54 pm 

8bitboy wrote:

Never seen a full episode of anything Dr. Who but I gotta say, that clip of The Master as Prime Minister was hilarious!

Yeah. It was one of the most darkly humorous things I've ever seen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:26 am 

drbindy wrote:
Really dig it. Nice work on the whole set and I like the originality of fleshing out a character with little known details.

If you any an iPad there are some nice in scale tablet from marauder and also zombie lab

drbindy, thanks for your suggestion. I found a MTF smartpad and the future is now! Gone are the days of magic tomes and wands. Today, we welcome the future of Intruder Techno-Magicology! The smartpad for preparing, casting and learning spells and a pistol for personal protection.

This extra image is just concept. What it would look like if he did still use a mage staff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:26 am 

reminds me of the "preacher w/ a gun" . the ipad for manipulating and changing time, the pistol for when it doesn't take. i don't think the staff is out just because tech is in. it could be a relic from a era long past still powerful and desired.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:09 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])