Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:20 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Last batch for a while.....
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:45 pm 

Ok, I'm getting ready to take "Lil' Chief" on a camping trip and then I'm going to be out of town all next week, so this is my last chance to whip up some customs before going away.

Yeah, it's a bunch of superheroes - sorry about that ;) , but I figure that I've already made all the Joe characters I want out of 25A parts or am waiting on Hasbro, so I decided to knock these out while I had the chance.

First up -- is Moon Knight. This is like my 12th attempt at a perfect Moony. Much like with my Batman customs, Moony has gone through many imperfect stages -- JvC parts (too bulky), Microman (too scrawny), MLS Magneto parts (too tall) and Build & Brawl wrasslers (too short.) Finally, I chopped up a 25A Torpedo & Storm Shadow, sanded it down, slapped a Cobra Trooper head on top and I'm gonna call him as close to perfect as I want to get. And he's still highly playable, so mission accomplished :D

Next is "Purple Arrow" or Hawkeye to the rest of you :P Didn't know which direction to take him - I knew I didn't want the skirt/tunic look, and I could do without a mask, but I wasn't that happy going "Ultimate" either. Finally I figured I'd take some elements from his Ronin identity, then add my own vision and slap on some purple to make him recognizable (the mask, as always, is removable, BTW ;) ) -- I realize this would be an awesome recipe for a Roy Harper/Red Arrow/Arsenal custom, so I may mod Hawkeye here and make Roy later.

Next is a no-brainer - Black Widow. Only innovative thing here is using 25A ammo belts for her wrist-thingys.

This was a tough one -- I made a "battle damaged" Punisher a while back with a comic pack SE body. I noticed that the new mold for "ravaged" SE was taller than the normal 25A SE and was pissed that we finally had a tall-enough SE mold, but it was all ripped up. So I sanded down all the battle damage and made a "clean" Punny (gave him a new head, too.)

And here's the battle damaged version.

Finally, is one that I couldn’t wait to finish (in fact, the green stuff I used to sculpt the beard is still not cured, but what the hell - I painted it anyway.) I present to you - 1:18 Maestro!!!

Used the "action attack" Hulk fig because he had an open, snarling mouth (but "LASER BLAST" articulation :( ), sanded off his hair, sculpted a beard, then added some "fallen hero armor" - mostly from MLS & Joe figs but the Wolvie skeleton is from the old Toy Biz Maestro. I re-designed Cap's shield mainly because I didn't want to cut it all up to get it "comic accurate" (since I only have the one extra) and because I wanted it to still be indestructible, just dinged up and "personalized" by Santa Hulk. And I just realized that I forgot to paint "gamma-fueled liver-spots" on Maestro - so I need to do that someday.

Anyway, enjoy! -- I'm going to go get rained on in the woods :D

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Last batch for a while.....
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 8:26 pm 

love Hulk,
he is the man!

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:55 pm 

cool chief, always good to see superheroes from ya too and theyare good choices...what's better than a moon knight,hawkeye, and black widow..all figures I have done besides hawkeye but I will.....have fun on your trip with little chief.
Tim

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 10:09 pm 

Maestro is the shizzy Chief, i love it, you did a awesome job, i might have to make one myself, but i can't sculpt, have fun on your trip.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:15 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

That Hawkeye is tha bomb!

Tim 121RVC

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:15 am 
Snake Staked

Maestro is one of the best customs I have seen from you Chief. Seriously, that thing is 400 diffrent kinds of bad ass!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 10:32 am 

Always good to see a Maestro custom that includes the "fallen heroes" trophies :)

Is the new hulk figures line going to include one of these?

eBay Auctions for GI Joe, Star Wars, Transformers, WWE, DC & Marvel figures

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:19 am 
Asado eater
Asado eater

Pretty nice customs...all of them.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 3:49 pm 

Nice work!

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:00 pm 

man they are all a hit.

O RING 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 4:02 am 
Formerly Push You Down

I love the Moonknight and the Maestro.

Not feeling the Hawkeye but that's because I love the classic togs and don't care for the Ronin persona. This is a good mix of both styles. I could see him wearing this post Secret Invasion.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:20 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])