Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Toxie's 1:18th Universe Chapter 6 is up
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:55 pm 

The Courtship of Mr. Luke's Father is finally here. Sorry it took so long but as you will see this is an extra long chapter. Hope you all enjoy.

http://www.zedsjoesite.com/diostory/Com ... ourt1.html

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Toxie's 1:18th Universe Chapter 6 is up
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:40 pm 

Hey Zed,

First of, I really have been enjoying these chapters. You do a great job of satirizing toys and the stories that they are based around. You've created a strange little world, almost like a Toon Town. The sets are really great and are much higher quality than one would expect from a comical diostory.

I do have one little critique, particularly with this chapter. While the other toylines are a hoot to watch you satirize, the Star Wars story has been lampooned to death. Some of the jokes just seem like recycled material from Robot Chicken or Family Guy. Don't get me wrong, Star Wars is a gold mine of ridiculousness, but that makes poking fun at it all too easy and common. I enjoy it a whole lot more when I see you making fun of the other toylines as well, or when toylines clash and try to insult each other.

I see Chapter 7 focuses on mixing in the other toylines, and I did enjoy it more. Hopefully my critique isn't taken as a discouragement, as I really do enjoy your chapters and the irreverance you bring to these wacky stories.

Thanks Zed!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:42 pm 

*duplicate*

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:44 pm 

Quote:
I do have one little critique, particularly with this chapter. While the other toylines are a hoot to watch you satirize, the Star Wars story has been lampooned to death. Some of the jokes just seem like recycled material from Robot Chicken or Family Guy. Don't get me wrong, Star Wars is a gold mine of ridiculousness, but that makes poking fun at it all too easy and common. I enjoy it a whole lot more when I see you making fun of the other toylines as well, or when toylines clash and try to insult each other.

Sorry you feel that way, As I have said its what I feel at the moment and at that moment I felt like poking at Vader's creation. It all hit me when I looked at the Tat Anakin one day. After that the whole dialouge with Padme and Obi-wan popped in my head and it flowed from there.

Not sure what you mean by recycled from Family guy and Robot Chicken though, I re-read and I didn't see any, also niether one went towards Ep 3 at all that I remember (But to be fair I never watched the whole Robot Chicken one).

But SW parodies have been around for ages, and will probably be around forever. I know I have a few more SW Jokes planned (hell alot of them) but then again SW is what cemented my love for 1:18th Scale. Sure Joe played an important part, but SW was there 4 years ealier and R2-D2 was my first 1:18th scale figure. In fact I can't imagine doing this without SW in the thick of it. While there are plenty of "Stars" in the tale, SW plays a major part, again I am sorry, but I don't think it would have the same feel, especially without Vader (Whom I consider one of the Major Stars of this thing, Nearly as important as Toxie himself).

Lastly I am not one to go on about ratings (even though I am doing a parody of that right now :shifty: ) but at this point Chapter 6 has the most "Hits" of any chapter in the set (Seconded by Luke and Mara in Chapter 2 another SW knock) so apparently people dig it when I got there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:09 pm 

Hey Zed,

I wouldn't want you to take the Star Wars jokes out completely by any means. They are funny and I agree they are an integral part of the story. It just seemed like Chapter 6 was all about Star Wars, wheras I enjoy when you mix it up a bit more with the other toylines too.

Overall it's a minor critique, and you're right, your diostory is very popular, and deservedly so. Like I said, I didn't want it to come off in a discouraging way. Just wanted to provide some feedback, that's all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])