Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:34 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Modern Clutch by Dave Proctor
PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:23 pm 
Plug
Plug

Dave Proctor, former sculpter with Hasbro and current Boss Fight sculpter, showed a really cool playable Clutch recipe using modern parts in the GI Joe Discussion group on Facebook. Thought you guys might like to check it out.

Mouse torso and arms
Beachhead legs
Flint wave 2 vest
Clutch head
gun from ultimate duke

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Modern Clutch by Dave Proctor
PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:12 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

And they couldn't do that for retail because.......?

Very cool looking figure, I may have to try this. Really the five POA figures were all pretty cool looking, but the five POA made them about useless except for their heads.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:43 am 
Plug
Plug

Suburbanator wrote:

Very cool looking figure, I may have to try this. Really the five POA figures were all pretty cool looking, but the five POA made them about useless except for their heads.
As has been stated several times in several places, cost. And it wasn't a decision that the designers liked.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:02 pm 

Slick figure; I like that he doesn't have a huge bulky vest, just in case he's going to jump in a vehicle. You know, of all the Clutch customs I've seen that use that head, I haven't seen one with the beard painted black.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:35 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

pluv wrote:
Suburbanator wrote:

As has been stated several times in several places, cost. And it wasn't a decision that the designers liked.

I realize it was the cost thing, I'm just sayin'... since this was made from all existing parts except the head (if it were a new figure).
As far as the cost cutting thing though, the first Retaliation figures were missing a few points of articulation, most notably the first Rock with no ankles and only single joint knee and they came with less accessories, but this most recent wave has fully articulated figures with tons of gear. And the new Tomahawk has a fully articulated figure made of new parts. Guess the movie line brought in a few more bucks than they thought...

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Sun Sep 22, 2024 3:34 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])