Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:41 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 25th Steeler + rest of o13 pictures
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:42 pm 

When I first saw pictures of the up coming Steeler I was rather disappointed, aside from the new lower legs I didn't really like anything about him. When I saw him in the store I liked the head sculpt a bit more but was still disappointed by the rest of the figure. So I took the parts I liked and added them to the Steeler custom I already had, replacing the Grunt head and holster. I still have to get him a range finder and match the paint up a bit better on the lower legs, but I think he turned out alright.
Head: Steeler
Torso, Arms, Upper legs: TRU Hawk
Lower legs: Steeler
Hands: Scarface
Belt and holster: Snake Eyes/Steeler combo
A team
B team
C team

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 25th Steeler + rest of o13 pictures
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:04 pm 

That's a better parts selection for Steeler than Hasbro gave us. Imagine how cool it would have looked with those parts in the light green of the '82 Steeler figure.

Good work!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:37 pm 

those parts do look good for steeler,your other customs of the 13 look good to.
Tim :-D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:38 am 

Try Testors Model Masters Acryl Dark Green for matching the lower legs. Its not a dead-on match but its the closest thing I've found and if you paint the whole lower half that color it will blend really well. I used it on my Colonel Hawk figure when I put the SRO Duke's legs on the Hawk upper and it came out better than I hoped.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:03 pm 

Thanks for the comments guys! And thanks for the tip Stranger I'll have to pick up a bottle of that this week.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 6:41 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])