Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:23 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: A bunch of new customs!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:56 pm 

Ok, i've been really sick the last few weeks so not much energy to do much. I did manage to FINALLY take pics of some customs I made a few weeks back. Here they are with a short bio for how I use them in my verse:

Scarlett: I wanted a better Scarlett V1 for awhile and came out with this. This is basically a 25th Scarlett with a Bultar Swan upper torso that was re-sculpted to make a much better looking figure. Her head is the Pilot Scarlett with V1 hair. I also added the extra missing pouches on the other side of her calves which help bulk op the leg a little bit. I think she is a vast improvement, wish I had another V1 around to compare it with though.

Serpenterra: This will be my third version of her as the original was a JVC blend and the second was Micro Lady. This one was made to blend in with the 25th figures. Bio is as follows: After the successful defeat of Serpentor at the hands of Cobra Commander with the Dragonfire, Overlord abducted Mindbender to create a clone of Serpentor. His plan was to use the Clone as a place-holder for Serpentor until the real one could be restored to human form. The third Serpentor clone was suprising for sure, it was a female! They named this clone Serpenterra and she serves as General in the newly formed Coil Army!

OverLord: I wanted a version that was differant from all the other versions people have made. I decided to lose the gold and go for a more gritty warrior look. Bio is as follows: Overlord was Serpentors greated general, completely loyal and ready to endure even the most dangerous tasks if his master wished. When word got out of Serpentor's defeat, Overlord quicky took action to try to restore Serpentor to his proper form. He has formed a small organization of former Cobra soldiers who were still loyal to Serpentor, calling them the Coil of Cobra! He hopes, in time Cobra will again grow tired of Cobra Commander and use his influence to reform Cobra into a much stronger entity. The Coil were the Cobra Emblem to show there roots, this often confuses Cobra Agents while they sabotage Cobr Commander's plans.(Pictured to the right)

Coil Crusher: (Picured to the left above) Coil Crusher was the first Clone of Serpentor, he retained all of Serpentor's strength but none of his memories. He is not nearly as smart as Serpentor or Serpenterra, but is a very effective enforcer for Serpentor III!

Coil Elite: The Elite soldiers of the Coil, there sole purpose is the fall of Cobra Commander! These genetically engineered Super Soldiers are as good as 10 regular Cobra Troops! They feel no pain, no remorse, only the purpose to serve the cause of the Coils!

Group shot with Serpentor III, Serpentor III is a custom that many customizers have done. This is why I havn't made many pics of him. His bio is as follows: Serpentor III was a highly successful clone of Serpentor. He himself doesn't even know he is a clone and believes he is the original. Only Overlord and Serpenterra know the original Serpentor is in bio-stasis while being regenerated. Serpentor III is just as arrogant and short tempered as the original Serpentor, a flaw which has cost him victory more than once!

Techno Viper WIP, very early stages, features removable custom sculpted helmet as well as mods all over:

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: A bunch of new customs!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:01 pm 

They all look great. My only critique is on the ribbing that goes all the way down Serpenterra's front. I think it would have looked better to stop at her waistline and sculpt a belt below it.

My eBay listings: PennyKooleToys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:31 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I like the looks of all of them.

The only thing that might be an issue is that Scarlett looks to be suffering from a severe case of chapped lips...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:58 am 

DarkJedi wrote:
I like the looks of all of them.

The only thing that might be an issue is that Scarlett looks to be suffering from a severe case of chapped lips...

Yeah that was caused by a slip of the dremel, ticked me off to since that was the last of those heads I had left. I'm suprised no one else has chimed in here, that was alot of customs I made. Guess i'm losing my touch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:05 am 
Strong Fat Tongue

Cobra Command wrote:
I'm suprised no one else has chimed in here, that was alot of customs I made. Guess i'm losing my touch.

Dude, it's the weekend. This place slows down then. :-)

I have to disagree with AVE. I love the fact that Serpenterra's armor goes all the way down. It reminds me exactly of a snake, or reptile's belly. Not to mention the fact that you still made it articulated. Kudos.

Overkill is neat. I like him, butI never pictured Overkill as a get in there and get dirty kind of guy. However, I LOVE the mechanized armor look to him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:21 am 

WOW ! Amazing update, i think they all rock, excellent work blending and meshing the MU:FF and Joe parts.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:43 am 

JBYRDD wrote:
WOW ! Amazing update, i think they all rock, excellent work blending and meshing the MU:FF and Joe parts.

Thanks, that Wolverine upper torso on the Coils were a bit tricky to get to work just right on a Hiss Driver lower torso. I'd say the upper part of the torso was the ONLY redeemable quality on that wolverine figure. Man I hope they never switch to this kind of upper leg articulation for Joes!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:03 pm 

CC im glad to see you back in the game and these rock.

O RING 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:36 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

they are all cool, but I LOVE the coil elite troopers. Fantastic choice of parts, and I love the color choices as well.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 pm 

you always have great updates CC, my favorite is the coil elite they are so cool looking and yep that upper torso is the best part of that figure. Great paint apps on all of them too and scarlett looks really good too,
Tim

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:48 pm 

I wanted to give the Coil Elite something Cobra never really had before, a military feel. I chose the camo green to still give the green to the uniform while the gold armor to tie them into the theme. They make really great troops and are nice and bulky, the complete opposite of that Wolverine figure. I wanted to give them those big guns the DTC Scrap Iron had for some serious looking fire power but lost the only one I had. They turned out to probably be my favorites of the bunch! Glad you guys like them!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:39 am 

wow, those are all wonderful. arent IM upper arms versitile? you did a great job with the all. If I didnt know better I would say your GS sculpt was stock on most of them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:05 pm 

All I can say is....Holly Crap!!
FANtastic stuff CC!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:21 pm 
Mr. Patience

Some really great paint choices here.
Nice work.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 3:19 pm 
Donor
Donor

I love the Scarlett and that Techno Viper looks like it's going to turn out awesome!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 

It is currently Wed Sep 25, 2024 12:23 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])