Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:31 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: 25th Big Boa COMPLETE!!!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:14 pm 
Formerly meandnooneelse

I've been slowly working on this guy here and there. This weekend I made a huge step by finishing the head joint, sculpting larger biceps, and laying some initial paint on the torso/upper arms.

I obviously used Serpentor as my base. He has the same upper arm mold as Roadblock and Copper Head, so I set up Copper Head next to Big Boa to show the newly sculpted biceps. They make him look much more menacing!

Formerly known as meandnooneelse

My Trade List:
http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=19813&p=213708#p213708

Last edited by Pugsley on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 25th Big Boa WIP
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:07 pm 

I really like it, everything looks good on it. I dont know what you are going to use for the chest but I was wondering if one of the 25th Stormshadow chest accessory may work, the one where he is bare chested under it. It would need some modification but may work for the chest covering.

BUT I really, really like it. Great job thus far, cant wait for the final product.

Aegis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:25 pm 

Great sculpting on the arms...really seems to blend seamlessly with the existing stuff and definitely pumps him up a notch or two! :)

Some of my favorite people are action figures.

Out of date but still: http://not-your-average-joe.embarqspace.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:38 am 
Formerly meandnooneelse

Aegis wrote:
I really like it, everything looks good on it. I dont know what you are going to use for the chest but I was wondering if one of the 25th Stormshadow chest accessory may work, the one where he is bare chested under it. It would need some modification but may work for the chest covering.

BUT I really, really like it. Great job thus far, cant wait for the final product.

Aegis
Hmmm, that's a good idea. I was going to leave it bare because I always hated the suspenders on the original figure, but I might see what else I can do.

My Trade List:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:44 pm 

looking good cant wait to see him finished.

O RING 4 LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:52 pm 

That is looking great. I have an idea that you can use for the shoulder straps. Body piercing jewelry has some small round spike pieces, I have some eyebrow and labret piercings that use them. They are small cone shaped spikes. If you go to a piercer, they ususally have extras. The get some leather straps or synthetic leather material. Push a small pin or tack nail (flat head) cut short in to the leather. Then put some steel hold epoxy into the studs hole and place it on the pin or tack. Once dry the spikes will be permanent and look real. Can not wait to see the finished custom. Looking good so far.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:53 am 
Formerly meandnooneelse

bcost74 wrote:
That is looking great. I have an idea that you can use for the shoulder straps. Body piercing jewelry has some small round spike pieces, I have some eyebrow and labret piercings that use them. They are small cone shaped spikes. If you go to a piercer, they ususally have extras. The get some leather straps or synthetic leather material. Push a small pin or tack nail (flat head) cut short in to the leather. Then put some steel hold epoxy into the studs hole and place it on the pin or tack. Once dry the spikes will be permanent and look real. Can not wait to see the finished custom. Looking good so far.
Damn good idea. I know exactly what you're talking about. Let's just say I don't lead a vanilla lifestyle either. Although I don't have any piercings or tatoos, my wife has several. :twisted:

My Trade List:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:31 am 
Strong Fat Tongue

I like what you've done so far. Especially the mods to the arms. However, I think the waist tapers too much. He has a very Brock Sampson build to him right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:36 am 
Formerly meandnooneelse

That's the way Hasbro built Serpentor, which was the base for this custom. There's not much I can do about it.

My Trade List:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:39 am 
Strong Fat Tongue

meandnooneelse wrote:
That's the way Hasbro built Serpentor, which was the base for this custom. There's not much I can do about it.

Oh, I know, man. You could consider putting a belt on him. Perhaps something akin to a championship belt? That would help tremendously.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:44 am 
Formerly meandnooneelse

Kilcarr wrote:
meandnooneelse wrote:

Oh, I know, man. You could consider putting a belt on him. Perhaps something akin to a championship belt? That would help tremendously.
Already have. Copperhead's belt.

My Trade List:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:08 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

For the chest straps, you might also consider the harness from DVD pack Jet-blastin', O-faced Duke.

It's what I used for my Boa custom: http://www.joecustoms.com/forums/download/file.php?id=8329&mode=view

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:28 am 
Formerly meandnooneelse

That looks awesome! Ya, know I'm so happy with the way my chest sculpting turned out with him that I hate cover it up. I might let him go bare chested.

My Trade List:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:51 pm 
Formerly meandnooneelse

OK so here he is! I dropped the ridiculous red suspenders. I had numerous good suggestions to use in their place, but in the end I was happy with the way the chest sculpt turned out and I didn't want to cover it up. I gave him a wash to bring out the muscle definition and all it did was make him look dirty. I wish I hadn't done it.

I used part of the hose from a Star Wars torture rack for his helmet. The belt is from copper head and the cod piece is the upper part of the 25th B.A.T. holster. The lower arms are from a JvC Televiper and were heavily modified. I like 'em because they're large. One thing I learned from the book "How To Draw the Marvel Way" was that large feet, head, hands, and head give a character an overall bulkier image. The lower legs are from 25th single card Major Bludd (modified) and changed to 25th Serpentor's feet. The head is obviously from the ARAH Big Boa, and the rest is 25th Serpentor modified.

My Trade List:

Post subject: Re: 25th Big Boa COMPLETE!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:15 pm 
Plug
Plug

That looks fantastic. I like the shading you did on the chest. Are you going to make the spiked straps for him too?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

It is currently Thu Oct 03, 2024 5:31 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])