Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Deadman (DC) Ragman (DC) and Red Tornado (DC)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:26 pm 

Deadman - I decided not to go with the "D" on the suit because I wanted him more spirit like. Still unsure if I'l do the black eye rings.

Ragman - Still going to add a second cape to the other shoulder and I may change the paint scheme on the body, but I wanted to get a base figure going. Very happy with the head and the cloak ties.

Red Tornado - Cape added, if the DC Infinite Heroes makes one I may swap it out or try and mod the Shazam one.

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af217/lronWill/

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Deadman (DC) Ragman (DC) and Red Tornado (DC)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:10 pm 
Strong Fat Tongue

Deadman is great but I would say go ahead with the eyes and he's gotta have the D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:29 pm 

LOVE Deadman!

Red Tornado looks fantastic.

Ragman... He needs to look more like his costume is made of rags. Perhaps painting the colors in square patches and using a fine marker to make stitches?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:33 am 

Deadman looks fantastic!!!!! I do think the pupils would seal it but it looks great either way. Love the parts choices on this. that head is perfect. Red tonado is spot on the cape really completed it I say stick with that one. The ragman is so close to being really cool but i have to agree a little more detail like stitching would go a long way on this fig. Great job on all man!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:46 am 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

yeah, Deadman is my fav figure of the bunch (though it's another one I really don't know). What head did you use? I kind of like the blank slate spirit look to his face, but I'd probably do one or the other - either the eyes or the D - just to break up the two toned look, if you know what I'm saying.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:49 pm 
Plug
Plug

Deadman needs the D to know who he is. Rag man needs the sticks even just painted on. Red Tornado is good but I kind of wish you would have used a head with a more serious expression.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:48 pm 

drbindy wrote:
yeah, Deadman is my fav figure of the bunch (though it's another one I really don't know). What head did you use? I kind of like the blank slate spirit look to his face, but I'd probably do one or the other - either the eyes or the D - just to break up the two toned look, if you know what I'm saying.

Head is the Lex Luthor DC Infinite Heroes head. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:02 pm 

Deadman looks awesome! I can see your reluctance to paint the eyes, but it would help with the dead look. Fantastic paint work so far.

Ragman is a bit harder to appreciate. Nothing about your work, though. A costume made of rags is just a bit strange. sgcaper's ideas would help it look like rags. I'd only add to that to perhaps sculpt/lay down tape pieces across the body in several spots to give texture to some rag panels. That's a more difficult figure to work out that most of us would ever try, so kudos to taking it on!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 pm 

past nastification wrote:
Deadman looks awesome! I can see your reluctance to paint the eyes, but it would help with the dead look. Fantastic paint work so far.

Ragman is a bit harder to appreciate. Nothing about your work, though. A costume made of rags is just a bit strange. sgcaper's ideas would help it look like rags. I'd only add to that to perhaps sculpt/lay down tape pieces across the body in several spots to give texture to some rag panels. That's a more difficult figure to work out that most of us would ever try, so kudos to taking it on!

I actually think that idea for Ragman would work out well and that is the route I may end up taking. I was actually thinking of trying something similar on one of the to do list figures I have coming up. I think you will know it when you see it.

Will

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:03 am 

More great DC stuff from you. Reddy is perfect. With Deadman, I think you could get away without the D, but I'd definitely add a little something to the face. Kelly Jones drew a couple of Deadman minis were he was really ghastly. I think that style might fit for your fig's face. Ragman is off to a terrific start. I suppose it would be quite difficult, but would there be any way to add actual cloth rag patches?

You should make Blue Devil or Detective Chimp (!) next so Ragman has a Shadowpact buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:19 am 
Donor
Donor

Deadman caught my eye immediately. I agree that he is cool looking, but a little flat. Maybe the D on his chest, but for sure I would would add some shading on his face. I think I've seen Deadman once before ever, but maybe some purple, very lighly under his eyes and a little darker white on the checks would make the head pop without ruining the quality of the character.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 12:17 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])