Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sally Squad! Wave Two: Engineer and Assault
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 am 

Link to Wave One

Here's the next set of figures from Sally Squad!, which is what my group of friends called ourselves whenever we were all into Battlefield 2. I'm doing figures that combine elements of their preferred in game class and inspired by their likenesses. This is my wife, who often played our Engineer and would double as the Commander (hence the laptop for calling in arty and UAVs) and my brother-in-law. He's been assigned Assault to round out the figures, even if it wasn't he preferred class.

The face on the engineer is hand painted, and while certainly not perfect, is by far the best detail work I've ever done and the first hand painted face I've ever been happy with. Pretty proud of these are all coming out.

Wave 3 is going to be me as a Pilot, and my brother as another Assault.

ImageImage

Last edited by DanOfTheDead on Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Sally Squad! Wave Two: Engineer and Assualt
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:39 am 

Ooh, that's nice -- great job on the paint apps. Is that Bazooka's head with a goatee?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 am 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

I loved Battlefield 2, and I really like both the customs and the flavor shots you displayed them with.

- R

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:05 am 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

yep just as cool as the first set. Wouldn't mind seeing a close up of the detail you painted though.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:30 pm 

Chief wrote:
Ooh, that's nice -- great job on the paint apps. Is that Bazooka's head with a goatee?

Yep. Sculpted and painted goatee. The head is a little small, but I think it helps make the body look bulkier. Arms, torso, and waist are also Bazooka. Legs and vest are ROC Heavy Duty, with a sculpted collar to help the vest look more like body armor.
drbindy wrote:
yep just as cool as the first set. Wouldn't mind seeing a close up of the detail you painted though.

Bigger pic of the Engineer to see the face.
That's a Marion Ravenwood head, SW comicpack Bultar Swan uppper torso and hands, Mutt Williams arms, Lady Jaye waist, upper legs, and feet, and lower legs from Duke/Red Star comic pack Duke.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
EDITOh yeah, I keep remembering someone beat me to the punch with a very similar custom, which is where I got the idea to use the Bultar Swan torso, I think. I can't remember the figure or who did it, but it certainly helped me figure out how to pull this one to together.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Still loving this concept and the common color palette you're using.

Big fan of the plus-size addition as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:10 pm 
Plug
Plug

DanOfTheDead wrote:
EDITOh yeah, I keep remembering someone beat me to the punch with a very similar custom, which is where I got the idea to use the Bultar Swan torso, I think. I can't remember the figure or who did it, but it certainly helped me figure out how to pull this one to together.
That might have been Lance Sputnik. He did a female mechanic that looked pretty similar but he didn't use that torso. http://www.joecustoms.com/customs/custo ... 54&id=8136

Both are really cool. I'm liking how this team is coming together.

Post subject: Re: Sally Squad! Wave Two: Engineer and Assault
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:48 pm 

Mutt Williams arms! (someone tell me why Shia whatshishead keeps getting work)

These are just perfect. Great paint work.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:52 am 

I like what you did here. Nice parts blending and paint apps. I have very little to offer, but I did notice one small thing. Mutts forearms are thicker than her gloves....it should be the other way around. If the hands were painted flesh I think it would be perfect....or a thicker hand with gloves. Very minor nit-pick. I love these and would snatch them in a second.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 pm 

DarkWynter wrote:
I like what you did here. Nice parts blending and paint apps. I have very little to offer, but I did notice one small thing. Mutts forearms are thicker than her gloves....it should be the other way around. If the hands were painted flesh I think it would be perfect....or a thicker hand with gloves. Very minor nit-pick. I love these and would snatch them in a second.

Ah, I see what you're saying. Maybe I could just add a bit of a cuff to the arm. I'll have to consider it.

Thanks again for the feedback everyone. My friends seem to be really enjoying these too.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:19 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])