Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:25 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sally Squad Wave 3: Part 1, Assault
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:03 am 

The second figure for wave 3 (me as the pilot) is giving me a little trouble, so I went ahead and photographed the one of my brother as another Assault class. I actually merged two torsos together for this one since he's such a tall guy, and replaced the horrible split-wrist arms with some Indy arms I had.

I'm waiting to do a group shot until I get some accessories in to make everyone really complete, but they look great next to each other on the shelf with the similar parts, repeated paint schemes, etc.

By the way, can anyone identify that rifle? I'm using it as a stand in for this one. I can't seem to find it when I look through WHOBIT at yojoe.com.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Sally Squad Wave 3: Part 1, Assault
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:18 am 
RPG Spin Master
RPG Spin Master

The gun is Ripcord's FnFal takeoff from the Tactical Battle Platform, I suspect.

I hated that gun (that it's supposed to be). no clip capacity whatsoever and slow reloads. What's the extra damage worth when your always out of bullets? ;-)

- R

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:23 am 

I'm really enjoying this series of customs. I'm a big fan of your Star Wars customs, as well, so it's great to see a whole new genre of figures from you. This guy is my favorite so far. I'm not familiar with the game they're based on, but they look cool to me.

And, if you're looking for a Joe-scale G3 rifle, there was a line of semi-crappy 3 3/4" figures by a company called INTOYZ that came out in the late 90's, and one or two of the SWAT guys came with one. I've got a few lying around that I'll never use; if you want one, send me a PM and I'll send it your way.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:39 am 

Rap, never played Assault enough to have an opinion on the G3, I just want to round out the squad with some of the different gear. :D

Thanks sgartz! Taking a bit of a break from SW stuff to work on these. Dunno if you saw the SW "Renegades" I worked on a couple months ago, but they really taught me a lot about customizing, and working on a team was a lot of fun, so I decided it was time to finally work on this project. I feel like I've learned more about customizing in the past 3 months than in 10+ years of dabbling in the hobby. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:49 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Still enjoying the heck out of these figures.

They've got a realistic quality without the paint-washed hyper realism some customs go for, preserving (at least for me) the all-important fantasy fun factor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:00 pm 

Been checking your stuff and man I'm really digging this Sally unit! I give him 4 :tr1er: :tr1er: :tr1er: :tr1er:'s !

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:58 am 

Thanks guys!

Spin, yeah, the point was to combine GI Joe, my friends, and the Battlefield 2 classes. I think people who can customize hyperrealistic military figs with accurate camo patterns are awesmoe, it's just not what I look for in a figure. I want a certain air of... kitch, or camp, to the figures, they're not to be taken seriously or anything like that. They're how me and my friends would like if we were GI Joes, if that makes sense. :)

Thanks again for the feedback everyone.

Next up should be me as a the Pilot, and then our medic and anti-tank.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:23 pm 

Nice stuff, just like the last batches!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 am 
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast
Resident Conspiracy Enthusiast

great custom, really like how that head looks for him, I think I might have one of them somewhere...

also the FN FAL is a great weapon, it has 30 round mags(actually a varied array of mags from 5 to 30), but with a rifle like that you only need one round. Smooth action, low recoil, sights in quick and easy, sturdy in the field. Just make sure you have machined parts and not stamped and it will out last you.

Team Red Lazer

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:25 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])