Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:25 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Captain Scarlet Action Figures Wave 2 of 4 (pic heavy)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:22 am 

Anybody think I was joking when I said that my post here last week was just Wave 1, with more to come?

Here we have Wave 2, and the '2068 Unity City Comic Convention Exclusive Captain Scarlet: Crater 101 Set'

The story of how the Angels got made is one of serendipity. I had already completed Scarlet, Black and Blue and was looking for more of the same figure in a local toy shop; without any luck, I might add. I was browsing the Star Wars section and I found a lonely comic pack with two Imperial Officer figures. One of them female. I stared at the female and imagined her in white. I grabbed it off the shelf and ran to the till. A real coup. It was half price at £6.50. Only one they had, unfortunately. Destiny Angel became the test model. I started looking around and found another four on Ebay for? £6.50 a pack including postage. Two weeks later and I had The Angels completed.

The 'Comic Con' set came about as an in-joke.

The Angels are the all-female Spectrum fighter pilot team. Their profiles are here:

http://www.spectrum-headquarters.com/page3.html

and their jets:

http://www.spectrum-headquarters.com/an ... eptor.html

The Angels:

Rhapsody:

Melody:

Destiny:

Harmony:

Symphony:

'2068 Unity City Comic Convention Exclusive Captain Scarlet: Crater 101 Set'

These are the Spectrum issue spacesuits from the episode: Crater 101. Linda Nolan was the controller of Lunarville 3 moonbase.

Captain Scarlet:

Linda Nolan:

Captain Blue:

Lieutenant Green:

Link to pics of the spacesuits from the episode:

http://www.spectrum-headquarters.com/spacesuits.html

Wave 3 next week!

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Captain Scarlet Action Figures Wave 2 of 4 (pic heavy)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:29 pm 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

dude, are you kidding me? awesome man. The Angels are inspired, and are all dead ringers for the source characters. And the spacesuits rock. I love the ambition and scope of this project.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:24 am 

This is a very ambitious project. I know nothing about the source material, but it's obviously a huge undertaking and you're doing a great job!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:54 am 

I am so digging this. Yet another awesome project of yours turning out such gems. Dare I hope to see vehicles or dio bases?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:07 am 

DarkWynter wrote:
I am so digging this. Yet another awesome project of yours turning out such gems. Dare I hope to see vehicles or dio bases?

I am working on a version of the Cloudbase Control Room. So far I have modified the Diodrama TeleViper set for Lieutenant Green's communication console. Still got some work to do on it, but here is a quick look at the WIP:

When I can afford it ($60+ over here), I plan on modifying a Nightraven/bird. I already have a couple of vehicles that were brought out for both original and new series:

The bottom vehicle was basically a children's toy version of teh r/c model at the top. The middle one is from the modern CGI series.

drbindy wrote:
dude, are you kidding me? awesome man. The Angels are inspired, and are all dead ringers for the source characters. And the spacesuits rock. I love the ambition and scope of this project.

Nope. Not kidding. Two more weeks worth to come. ;-)

As for the ambition and scope, there is more to come after I have finished showcasing Captain Scarlet. I am moving on to some of teh other puppet shows that Gerry Anderson made in teh 1960s. ;-)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:39 am 
Strong Fat Tongue

Very cool, Kambei. I loved the source material, and you're handling it well. You're also the first to do so, I think.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:40 am 

Kilcarr wrote:
Very cool, Kambei. I loved the source material, and you're handling it well. You're also the first to do so, I think.

If you mean customs, more than likely, since I did a set of just the colour coded officers 25 years ago. This is by way of my 25th Anniversary custom set.

A British firm called Vivid Imaginations did a smaller set of figures back in teh 1990's. I will post a comparison photo sometime.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Sep 23, 2024 4:25 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])