Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: 3 New Customs (NCL Quarrel Wetsuit)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:20 am 

Here's a few new ones Ive been working on.. First up is Wetsuit. Everyone's been doing work on the cobra island wetsuit and I did one too.
Like others I used the Flint arms and Viper legs, but I went with JvC Wetsuits head. It really resembles wetsuit in the toon. I also used JvC wetsuits Helmet and Flashlight.

Next Up is a remake of the Night Creeper Leader, Inspired by Iron Grenadier Commanders version from a few years back. Here is his version.

And here is my 25th Anny update.

And here is a kinda Work In Progress. Quarrel. I still need to touch up her skirt and get her a good weapon.. I am also looking for a better head, but for now this will due.

Any advice comments or so on would be great.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 3 New Customs (NCL Quarrel Wetsuit)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:26 pm 
Thomas from Missourri

Really digging that Night Creeper leader and the mods to Wet Suit (very innovative helmet choice).

Quarrel I'm not feeling. Something about the paint, especially the fine details, doesn't feel quite up to the standard you've set for yourself with other recent work. Hope that doesn't sound overly harsh as I mean it as a compliment.

Post subject: Re: 3 New Customs (NCL Quarrel Wetsuit)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:51 pm 
DarkJedi'd

I like the mods to Wet-Suit. He looks fine to me.

The Night Creeper seems like she needs some more clothing actually. I understand the original figure had the little straps, and it's a homage, but it just seems like it's lacking something. Maybe some throwing stars or some throwing knives to break up all the contrast between the skin tone and the pants color.

As for Quarrel, the mods are great. I really like the skirt thing. The only issue to me is the figure is just too shiny/reflective. Those colors would work if there were muted. I personally have an issue with combat gear being reflective-unless it's something like a shock troop that doesn't care and isn't in the position of needing to hide.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Sep 24, 2024 8:26 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])