Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:13 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:04 pm 
Snake Staked

Life is full of surprises, both good and bad. Here is one such example:

I am in the process of finalizing a GI JOE Battle Wagon YouTube review. I wanted a scene where the Battle Wagon rams into 2 GI JOE ROC Steel Crusher APVs. Kmart had exactly 2 APVs on clearance for $11 each. I eagerly marched to Kmart but when I got there, the APVs were gone. It was my fault because I had seen them more than a week ago and I passed on them!

I continued searching the toy aisles and the toy clearance section. And then it happened. My fingers stumbled upon a rhinoceros toy, smaller than the palm of my hand. Instantly and I mean within a microsecond, my gut told me, "Alan, that's Rhiguth's head!!!"

The only problem was that the rhinoceros toy belonged to a set of toys, which was nowhere to be found. A sales associate directed me to customer service. Thankfully, Kmart let me purchase the rhinoceros for 50 cents. Although I still regret not having picked up the GI JOE APVs, I found the perfect head for Rhiguth! Btw, Rhiguth is a character in Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse; he is the leader of Spikerkrot.

This is the DEFINITIVE head for Rhiguth! It's the perfect size, shape, and design!
Uploaded with ImageShack.us.

Rhiguth will be based on a GI JOE 3 3/4" figure with new hands, mace shoulder pads, and real pants. Notice the blue tape around Rhiguth's waist? The tape holds Rhiguth in place. Without the tape, Rhiguth hovers a few millimeters above his seat. Thus, Rhiguth's BSB will require seatbelt(s) to hold him in place.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Rhiguth and Sligs are gradually developing. I still need to find a hyena head for Kurg. After all, Kurg is from the species, hyenard. Gotta find me a bag of toy animals at the local zoo.

Rhiguth with gun and knife.

Rhiguth with Quadrogun.

Scene: With his Quadrogun, Rhiguth easily blasts Ryuzo through a wall!

By the way, this is how the rhinoceros from Kmart looked like before he got decapitated, lol.

Final update coming soon!

https://www.facebook.com/hamhattan

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse (8/31/10)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:32 am 
Snake Staked

Dirgundy's Chocolate Syrup Squirt Gun

The Midgetians participate in the penultimate battle against Vorne. Feenee Wiggy summons all Midgetians to help Team Ryuzo stop Vorne once and for all and to free the Midgetian child laborers that were forced to work for Vorne.

Dirgundy is one of the many Midgetians that participate in the Midgetian Child Laborer Rescue Mission. Dirgundy's weapon of choice is a gun that squirts chocolate syrup from a jerry can backpack.

Note: Feenee Wiggy (WIP) is used to illustrate how the Chocolate Syrup Squirt Gun works.

Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse is a stop motion animated series for children and adults. Midgetians are the equivalent of Ewoks, Nelwyns, Hobbits, and Care Bears. They are midget-sized creatures that are as cute as hamsters, super ultra cuddly, and they come in all sorts of colors. Thus, the weapons/vehicles used by Midgetians (in the penultimate battle against Vorne) are not designed to injure; simply to stun and thwart. For example, Dirgundy's Chocolate Syrup Squirt Gun blinds goons for mere seconds or causes their vehicles to malfunction, slip and tumble.

After Dirgundy squirts goons with chocolate syrup, Jum Jum (also a Midgetian) chases the goons so he can lick off the delicious chocolate syrup. After all, Jum Jum loves candy and has an insatiable appetite.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse (9/28/10)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:35 am 
Snake Staked

Post Apocalypse Weapon: Triceratops Shield

This is why I never underestimate bootleg toys. Because you just never know when you might need something. I had several of these Chap Mei KO baby triceratops for almost 3 years.

This past summer, I had a wonderful idea on how to use this toy for a post apocalypse weapon ---> as a shield for a villain! This villain would face off against Ryuzo in a particular episode. The Triceratops Shield is a Work In Progress. Requires a new paintjob and a proper shield handle.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:36 am 
Snake Staked

Denizens of the Post Apocalypse

What I love about Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse is the diversity of its denizens. I suppose that is one of the reasons why coming up with characters (for this particular series) is so easy. It makes my job a whole lot easier and this story is developing at an alarmingly fast pace!

Note: These are all Works In Progress. They will be more than just random heads slapped onto 1:18 bodies.

ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 am 
Snake Staked

Goon Tower

Retractable yellow ladder. Tank turret rotates 360 degrees and holds one goon inside.

Turret cannon tilts up & down. Turret features universally articulated functional searchlight.

Goon Tower made with Chap Mei APC turret and Transformers CarRobots Black Convoy parts.

Goon Tower size comparison with Ryuzo and Feenee Wiggy.

I'm killing myself right now for not having taken pictures of the Goon Tower at its latest stage of progress. The latest version of the Goon Tower had spikes (wooden toothpicks) all over the tower and tank turret; barbwire (from Marauderinc.com and Lanard Corps) around the tower.

You guys (and myself included) won't see it until September 2011 because ALL my stuff is in storage. My collection means more than just toys and customs. That's my personal, creative, imaginative, and artistic history and it's all gone. :-(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:39 am 
Snake Staked

Toomucho (a.k.a. Too Much)

I consider Toomucho as the quintessential post apocalypse vehicle in my Post Apocalypse universe. The way I came up with the name for this vehicle is extremely hilarious. As I was brainstorming its design, I realized I was overdoing it by adding too many parts/weapons/details/etc. I was constantly telling myself, "Okay, that's too much."

When it came time to name this vehicle, I knew I wanted a catchy, funny, and silly name. If you speak Spanish, you will better understand the joke behind the name, "Toomucho". I won't tell you, lol. :-D

I'm killing myself right now for not having taken pictures of Toomucho at its most recent stage of progress.

Here are the only pictures I have:

Note: You can vaguely see the Goon Tower in the background with spikes on the turret, etc.

Toomucho features a little bit of everything: Rear gunner station, Midgetian gunner station, and exhaust pipe on one side. Roof would hold all sorts of backpacks, boxes, crates, etc. Adornments would be hung from roof sides.

Wire mesh window, front battering ram with toy adornment, exposed engine on hood, multiple rocket launcher. Roof would feature a loudspeaker and functional searchlight with wires (for both loudspeaker and searchlight) running down window frame.

Absurdly huge gun. The joke behind it is that the gun is non-functional. Its sole purpose is to intimidate goons. Of course, once goons figure this out, the occupants of Toomucho are screwed. :-)

Initially, Toomucho was going to utilize a makeshift roof. But there's no point in doing that since the Chap Mei safari golf cart roof is perfect. Toomucho is a Work In Progress so the final version will feature TOO MUCH! 8-O 8-O 8-O

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:41 am 
Snake Staked

Squash, Sparky, and Sharky

Buzz Saw Bikes were my favorite custom. Then came the Tank Wheelchair. My new favorite custom is Squash, Sparky, and Sharky. Again, I'm killing myself for not having taken pictures of the latest stage of progress for Squash, Sparky, and Sharky.

Squash is one of the tiniest Midgetians but he is extremely courageous. His battle bike known as Sparky features a sidecar outfitted with a massive bomb. The bomb has shark teeth decals and is known as Sharky. Squash uses Sparky (and Sharky) in the Midgetian Child Laborer Rescue Mission (a.k.a. The Penultimate Battle against Vorne).

Squash's battle bike a.k.a. Sparky is based on a Maisto mini motorcycle.

ImageImage

The next time I see those mini Maisto motorcycles, I'm grabbing as many as possible for future Midgetian battle bikes. Besides, I need another one for Dirgiggy and Dirgundy's battle bike known as Dironimo. :-D

P.S. Sharky was based on the bomb from the GI JOE Weapon Transport.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:42 am 
Snake Staked

Guys and gals, this is the final picture update for Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse. Thank you for your support and feedback. Ryuzo, Vandar, Feenee Wiggy and the Midgetians return September 2011. The tech specs section on page 3 will be updated continuously so keep checking back to learn more about characters, vehicles, etc. :-D

P.S. Ryuzo Hero of the Post Apocalypse is developing at an incredibly fast rate. Characters, vehicles, sets, weapons, episodes, story arcs, action scenes, etc are nearing completion. The ending to the series is already finished. Within 4 years, this stop motion animated series will finally debut on YouTube in High Definition.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:16 am 

I love post-apocalypse stuff and I love what you have going on. The sheer amount of creativity on display is really admirable. The killer tricycles and all the carts, gear and props are probably my favorite things here. Lots of great little details.

The only thing I might suggest is that you could dirty some of the stuff up a bit. Most of it israther clean for a post-apocalypse setting, but then again, I don't know what you're going for aesthetics-wise. Let us know how you progress on the film, it's shaping up to be really neat.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

It is currently Fri Sep 27, 2024 12:13 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])