Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:30 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Surfer Rock 'n' Roll, self-custom, Captain America Armor
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:01 am 

I'm glad everyone likes these. I haven't done much 4" customizing lately and these are the result of a customizing spree that inspired me to get back in the saddle. To answer a few things about these figures...

Rock 'n' Roll - he's about the same height as my other RnR figures. Consistency in height and size is something I strive for in my RnR customs so it worked out that he stands about the same, with a little difference due to his being barefoot. His arms and torso look a little bigger than the others but I can live with it. I see this as RnR before he enlisted, back when he was at his bodybuilder biggest. And yeah Rock would be a long boarder for sure but the short board was just easier to make.

Adventurer "Me" - Viper, the torso is awesome. I did have to put some Fixit into the mid-torso joint to tighten it up but aside from that its a great piece. I wanted to bring out all the detail with my painting and even though I hit most of the sculpted parts I don't think I did it justice.

And regarding the pants color, I did consider a tan but the base legs are that O13 olive and I wanted to avoid obvious paint rub issues. But I see where you "pro-tan" guys are coming from and agree. Its just this was easier and I'm lazy like that.

Cap Armor - I can see where people are coming from on the wings but I disagree. Yes they look off slightly but I think they are part of the charm of the design. I imagine they were something Tony would add to make it instantly recognizable as Steve's armor. I mean, who else would have those crazy looking wings on their head intentionally. Only Steve.

I'm not happy with the star on the chest. I spent more time on that than I did the rest of the painting and adding the wings and its still not where I want it to be. I need to find a nice super fine point silver Sharpie or equivalent to draw the star. I just haven't looked for one yet.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 am 

RnR is a pure win!!! Great work!

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af217/lronWill/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 am 

I picked up an MU Iron Patriot for cheap and carved off the star for my movie Captain America armor. I painted the center of it similar to the arc reactor of the other armors. I sanded off some of the star that I had painted on the chest originally and in the close-up you can see it bleeding through underneath. But in person you can't see it unless you look really close. Anyway, I'm much happier with this update and I think he's ready to take his place in the armory.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 5:30 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])