Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:21 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Path Finder and Melt-Down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:37 pm 

One of the figures not given much attention from Hasbro after his inception was Path Finder. Since it is not likely that we will see a new version of this guy, I thought I would make one. LMK what you think...

Parts:

Toro, arms: RoC Tunnelrat (Wal-Mart 2-pk)
Legs: CC (RoC)
Feet: Random Joe
Head: Aqua-Viper (RoC)
LBH: Duke (PoC Jungle Fighter)
Hat: Rip Cord (RoC Jungle Figther)
Goggles: Black-Out (ST)
Rifle: Duke (ST)
Cutting Tool: Path Finder (ARAH)
Back Pack: ???

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Path Finder and Melt-Down
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:38 pm 

This is a figure I just finished.

Code Name: Melt-Down

Mini-Bio: In the world of laser technology, beams of energy can be used to make delicate, precise incisions, which can help remove a harmful tumor. They can also be used in eye surgery, to improve one's vision greatly... These are both prime examples of the benefits of controlled light beams being refracted and intensified to the point of being useful in cutting through solid objects. However, these have nothing to do with what Melt-Down uses them for...

Once a member of a laser development team, Melt-Down started making advances in the field which were years ahead of his fellow developers. His technology was based on solor fed battery cells, which he anticipated would be useful in civilian rescue facilities, as well as having military applications. After all, wouldn't it be an incredible benefit to be able to cut a victim from a car crash in a fraction of the time, or to get through security doors and windows of burning buildings to rescue those trapped inside? And what if you could stop a missle from hitting its destination with a beam fired from a laser that moved faster than the human eye? What would these be worth to the world? And what would the world think of the inventor of this laser? Would he be the next Thomas Edison, immortalized throughout history? For Melt-Down, this was not to be...

After years of working on his laser technology, Melt-Down's designs were stripped from him by greedy corporate moguls, who all wanted the fame and fortune that he had dreamed of. He was promptly "let go" from his job and given no compensation for his creation, which was billed "a collaborative effort" by the CEO and Members of the Board. This was the beginning of the "melt-down".

Melt-Down kept a prototype laser pack, built with the specifications he created with his so-called "team". Donning this pack, Melt-Down went back to his former employer and used the laser to destroy all existing data on his lasers; he also "fired" his former team, the Members of the Board and the CEO... permanently!

Cobra Commander had been using Laser-Vipers for years against the Joes, but their technology was vastly inferior to that used by Flash and Sci-Fi. When Melt-Down approached the Commander with the offer of being his dedicated laser trooper, he was told that he would have to prove himself; he did so by taking out a Joe Team Dragonfly that was doing a fly-over above Cobra Island; the pilot was captured and held by Cobra after his chopper was destroyed.

Sci-Fi had this to say about Melt-Down: "This guy is an artist with lasers. He has developed stuff that Flash and I have not been able to match. The problem is, he uses his talents for Cobra, and it ain't my taste..."

LMK what you think.

Parts List:

Torso, upper arms: Snake-Eyes (RoC)
Lower arms: Cobra Eel (RoC)
Legs: Cobra Neo-Viper (RoC)
Head: DCIU Luthor Corp Henchman
Helmet: SW Clone Trooper (cast; from Broken Arrow)
Lasers: Laser-Viper (cast; from Raginspoon)
Chestplate: Raginspoon cast, but can't place which figure it came from
Back Pack: Duke (PoC w3)
Pistols: Cobra Neo-Viper (RoC)

Last edited by Shakka85 on Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:45 pm 

they both look great, but i really dig that Pathfinder, you made him look less dopey!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:06 am 

Shakka85 wrote:
One of the figures not given much attention from Hasbro after his inception was Path Finder. Since it is not likely that we will see a new version of this guy, I thought I would make one. LMK what you think...
Love it. Way more badass than the original figure.

~Nostalgia Critic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:58 am 

Path finder for the win..
Perfect 25th or POC version of him.
I really like how you give your joes 5 oclock shadows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:22 am 
Thomas from Missourri

Pathfinder does, indeed, kick arse.

Looks like Carl the Greenskeeper the way he sees himself in his head.

"Licensed to kill gophers...by the government of the united nations..."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:11 am 
ARAHddict
ARAHddict

Pathfinder looks very cool, especially in that last pic.

Tim 121RVC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:24 pm 

Heretic wrote:
they both look great, but i really dig that Pathfinder, you made him look less dopey!

My sentiments exactly.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:15 pm 

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess the consenus here is that Path Finder isn't too bad then, eh? I was pleased with how he came out as well!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:23 pm 

I really like that Pathfinder. It's really got a new look to it, while keeping enough of the original figure's vibe to give it the right feel.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:32 am 
Plug
Plug

past nastification wrote:
I really like that Pathfinder. It's really got a new look to it, while keeping enough of the original figure's vibe to give it the right feel.
Ditto. You nailed it. I really like Melt-Down too. You were able to give them both some unique character.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:35 pm 

I agree with the others- you really nailed Pathfinder.

The only critique I have is nothing to do with your work but rather with that stupid weedwhacker/ cutting tool the original came with. Personally, Id drop that (preferably down a large hole).

Melt- Down. Great bio and I like the figure. Especially the head. Youve given it some real personality. I also like the double meaning of the name

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:12 am 

Thanks for the feedback.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:21 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])