Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:14 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Old Snake "Only Human" Cobra Commander
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:50 am 
Snake Staked

A custom a lot of people seem drawn to make as Hasbro may never make it.

hat- ROC Wild Bill
head- Cobra Commander V36, painted silver
body, arms, legs- ROC Destro
hands, coat edge- ROC Storm Shadow

The ROC WB hat is made for a wider head than the other WB hats but still won't fit this head properly. I had to trim at the inner edge to fit it better then use hot glue to attach it. The coat isn't 100% to Only Human but I had to work with available parts. Most people who do this use CC legs but the boots are closer to the animation. This does make him taller than the average 25th CC but they could be height-extension boots. I did paint the red trim but avoided the red elbow patches to retain mobility. I got lucky with the neck as the neck post pulled out of socket and was able to paint it gray. The hands are actually glued in as their posts are much smaller than the holes.

One oddity of the Old Snake design is that he's wearing his mask despite trying to hide who he was. But as I noticed with G.I. Joe's Sunbow run, he'd often wear a wig, a hat or glasses over the mask and people would not recognize him. And as with much of the cartoon run, despite the movie showing him as a snake person, the exposed skin bits show a Caucasian flesh tone.

Part of me suspects that Hama's "civilian" CC from the comic pack issue was an attempt to make Old Snake into a more believable design

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Old Snake "Only Human" Cobra Commander
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:17 pm 

i like it, great job

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 4:14 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])