Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:24 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Joker (DC)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:25 am 

I've been doing alot of superman customs lately, but got the itch to finally attempt the greatest Batvillain there is...The Joker. I'd been meaning to do one for ages, but never really got the right formula together to actually do it. Iron Will did a fantastic one awhile back which made the joker itch that much stronger. Add to that I just watched Dark Knight on Blue-ray (first time seeing it on Blue-ray) and I stare at a Joker load screen every night when playing DC Universe online(I swear its subliminal). So I finally decided to take a crack at it. The biggest step to me was finding a head I would be happy with. In the end I used a MU green Goblin and Sculpted the heck out of it. Let me know what you think guys.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: The Joker (DC)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:31 am 

Creepy good, so much detail in that face, awesome job.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:40 pm 

I like this alot ,But I would break out some pink and yellow tones to the mouth . Maybe start with a light pink/maroon wash then add a yellow/beige/white mix for the teeth .That should really make it pop. Also eliminate some of the black under the eyes and try it above the lid .With being positioned under it gives the appearance of Christopher Llyod's "Judge" character from Roger Rabbit. I really love your costume details it looks like a Jim Lee design for the character. Great job.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:44 pm 

Awesome use of the Green Goblin head! Excellent sculpt work on the hair. Definitely stands out from other Joker customs we have seen as having your spin on him. I agree with unknown with the coloring suggestions, I think it will have a receeding effect on the eyes. Also great costume design!

http://s1009.photobucket.com/albums/af217/lronWill/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:18 pm 

Very nice use of parts. That head is just too freaky. :P

~Nostalgia Critic.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:51 am 

Love it. Any chance of moving the head just a tad higher? It's proportioned correctly, but the flipped-up collar takes away from the lankiness of the character. The only way to get it back is to exaggerate the neck a little.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:05 am 

Awesome!!
This so looks like how i'd picture the joker in this scale, no wonder you got the itch to make the figure! :-D

I have a request, can you do a picture of him leaning on his cane? Similar to this>
http://superherouniverse.com/art/data/503/The_Joker.jpg

Great work with that figure!

In friendship
Rich

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:38 pm 

Alas, it is a crow bar.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:39 pm 

Also, that is definitely the most demented looking Joker I've yet seen. Well done!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2024 11:24 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])