Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 3:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Dash and Chuckles
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:26 am 

This is 1 of 2 customs that I have made and am selling on ebay to raise money to give to the people of Japan who are suffering since the devastating earthquake, tsunami and nuclear disasters that hit over the last week. I made them soley for this purpose, and am hoping someone will like them well enough to bid on them. First up is an Air Force Combat Controller, code name: Dash.

Mini-Bio: Dash has been on some of the most dangerous missions of Modern Warfare History. He has been teamed with Army Rangers, giving them coordinated air support, as well as remotely controlling drone planes to scout ahead for them. He also has been sent in with Navy SEALs, who thought that he was some "sissy Air Force-rich kid" until he calmly called in an air-strike against dug in Cobra Sand Scorpions, doing so with a bullet in one leg and shrapnel in the other; he wasn't going to be walking out of that fight, but he was determined that he wasn't going out in a bag either!

GI Joe first took notice of Dash after his recovery from the aforementioned wounds, and the subsequent rigorous training he went through to get back to active duty status. Doc noted that Dash could easily have gotten a cushy desk job after those wounds, but opted to get back to where the action is instead; he reported to General Hawk that this is the kind of man that GI Joe has prided itself in having, and recommended Dash be considered for Joe status. Hawk didn't think long about it, calling Dash himself to inform him that he had been selected from the short list of candidates, and Dash didn't think twice about accepting.

Considered to be among the most highly trained military forces in the world, advanced Air Force Combat Controllers (CCTs) complete Survival School, Combat Control School, Army Airborne School, Special Tactics Training, Freefall Parachute School, Army Combat Diver School and other specialized training. In short, these guys do what all of the other Special Forces branches do, combined! With all this in mind, Dash is a quiet man, who lets his actions speak louder than his words, and brother, his actions are speaking volumes!

This is figure 2 of 2 in my Operation: Japan Relief Fund. The figure is going on ebay, and 100% of the sale price will be donated to the efforts in Japan. This one is a redo of one of my favorite characters, with an emphasis on butt-kicking badness! As always, critiques are welcome.

Some more pictures of Chuckles, hopefully to show more of the detail to the headsculpt, a nice one by Hunter Artworks.

Last edited by Shakka85 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Dash and Chuckles
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:18 pm 

I have added some pictures of Chuckles, to show the detailed head sculpt, which came from Asphalt, aka Hunter Artworks... It is extremely well detailed, and the first pictures didn't do it much justice!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:04 pm 

Good customs for a good cause thats very big of you brother!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am 

TR1ER wrote:
Good customs for a good cause thats very big of you brother!

I am glad you like them, and thanks for commenting! Also, I have now added a bio for Dash!

-Todd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:40 am 
Formerly Suburbanator

Both of these figures look great. I especially like the back story on Dash.

Chuckles hair just looks funny to me, almost like it was a bald head and a separate piece of hair that just doesn't sit quite right but other than that he looks really good.

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:34 am 

Suburbanator wrote:

Chuckles hair just looks funny to me, almost like it was a bald head and a separate piece of hair that just doesn't sit quite right but other than that he looks really good.

Maybe he is wearing a rug?!? You got a problem with that??? Hee-hee... Just kidding. Seriously though, I don't see this, and think the sculpt is very well done. Perhaps what you are perceiving to be a separate piece is due to the dark undercoat I used, prior to the light finish... I did this to give it a more realistic look, with the hair not all being the exact same color... Anyway, the head was either sculpted by Hunter Artworks, or if it was shrunken from an existing figure in a different scale. I thought it was cool, and (IMHO) it looks even better when painted...

-Todd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:48 pm 
Formerly Suburbanator

Shakka85 wrote:
Suburbanator wrote:

Maybe he is wearing a rug?!? You got a problem with that??? Hee-hee... Just kidding. Seriously though, I don't see this, and think the sculpt is very well done. Perhaps what you are perceiving to be a separate piece is due to the dark undercoat I used, prior to the light finish... I did this to give it a more realistic look, with the hair not all being the exact same color... Anyway, the head was either sculpted by Hunter Artworks, or if it was shrunken from an existing figure in a different scale. I thought it was cool, and (IMHO) it looks even better when painted...

-Todd

That could be it. The profile shots look good, but the shots from the front have that "rug" look to them. He is an undercover agent, so maybe he had to change his disguise quickly :)

Some people, when trying to avoid thinking about those things that cause them pain, turn to drink, food, or drugs...I turn not to any of those...I collect action figures. Over the years, I've found that alcoholism is much more socially acceptable by far.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:39 pm 

Both are good. Dash is a bit better than Chuckles (the Chuckles hair sits too high) and the paint work on both is amazing.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 3:27 pm (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])