Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:32 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: House Bast (And Other Works in Progress)
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:43 pm 

Thanks!

I surprised myself, with that hand. I fully expected it to come out looking like crap. It looks a little off, where the thumb meets the side of the hand, but not horribly so. It can hold things, which was my primary concern.

Yeah, my werewolves keep their minds, when they shift. And, they shift at will. No full moon stuff. They serve a role as protectors and defenders against supernatural threats.

Now, I just need to finish up his sword, and make his backpack with the shoulder cannon.

Not familiar, with that Star Wars character. His sword will be a little more intimidating looking, than a light saber. I didn't consciously work any homages into his armor, but after working on it, I'm sure it has a little Storm Trooper, and some Robocop in it. The visor is heavily inspired by Predator, though.

If it ain't broke, take it apart and lose some of the pieces. Then, it'll be a custom.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm 

Here's a link to that Wolf Star Wars guy, just in case if you was curious...

http://www.rebelscum.com/TAC58voolvif.asp

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:34 pm 

Why do they always sculpt wolves snarling? Anyway....

Got sucked back into Minecraft, again. But, I just started work on something new.

Comparison shot to show size:

Gonna be a lot of sculpting, on this one.

If it ain't broke, take it apart and lose some of the pieces. Then, it'll be a custom.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 8:54 am 

Okay that looks impressive and it's a WIP. Can't wait to see how this progresses.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:20 pm 

Thanks!

Not much left to do to the frame. About time to start making it look like something.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:08 am 

Thought I'd get a shot of the mid torso joint, I'm using. It's the neck ball from an Iron Man 2 Mk.VI figure, set into Green Stuff. The post is brass tube, that just sits into a hole drilled into the upper torso. I hollowed out the upper part of the Cobra Commander torso, where original pivot used to be. I coated the ball in light oil, to keep the Green Stuff from sticking to it. I wound up using CA glue to tighten the whole thing up. It wasn't floppy, but it wasn't as tight as I'd like, either. The joint is nice and stiff, now.

Getting a relatively natural transition between the Cobra Commander's narrow ass and Lift Ticket's meaty thighs can result in only one thing: Baby got back!

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:27 am 
Special Limited Edition Co-Host / Membership Has Its Privileges

You are operating at a whole 'nuther level buddy. You should post this in its own thread, and I bet people would check in more. Can't wait to see where this one is heading. Is it going to fit in with the other characters in this post?

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:34 am 

Thanks, Dennis!

Yeah, this is going to be one of my Technothrope creatures. I just don't have enough villains for all of my customs to fight. I figure this one should look right at home along side Krieg and the General.

I'm kind of keeping this, for my works in progress. I'll make a new post for the finished figure. I'll do the same for my alter ego, once I finish his weapons.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:07 am 

Got started on the heads. The faces are pulled from press molds I made of movie Baroness, and reactive armor Scarlett. The necks pivot up and down at the bases, and the heads also move up and down on joints at the tops of the necks. Of course, the heads also turn left and right. Standing erect, the necks look too long. Personally, I think it just ads to the already freakish look. I also see them as being hunched over most of the time.

Tried to maintain a smooth transition between the pieced together upper torso, the CC lower torso, and Lift Ticket's thighs.

Post subject: Re: Greyryder's Works in Progress Thread (creepy twins, pg.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:58 pm 

WILD. I am loving the uniqueness of the whole project.

http://capolan.tripod.com/- Some Stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:12 am 

Thanks! I enjoy making things that are a bit different.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:22 am 

More work done on the twins. Unfortunately, some of the detail got washed out. The spine armor was a pain, and needed extra work done, after the Apoxie Sculpt cured. Next time I do segmented armor like that, I'll do each layer in a separate session.

The left side head (their left) is more or less ripped off from an old piece from H.R.Giger. The "eye slot" will eventually be painted as an empty void. It's not the first time I've used the design. The right head's wild eyebrows are meant to be bony spikes. I just hope they'll look okay, when I paint everything.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:41 pm 

Going back and forth between things, I've made a pauldron with a pike guard for Alek'sander. It'll be held on by sort of a three point harness that'll keep the straps under his chest flare. Instead of a spaulders, which this design doesn't really lend itself towards anyway, it will have a soft goods dueling cape attached to it. I've wanted him to have a dueling cape from the beginning, I just wasn't sure how I wanted to attach it. Shoulder armor seemed like a good way to go. I might try to add three or four small somethings to the hem of the cape, to look like weights. Currently planning on the cape to be bright red, to serve as much to distract an opponent, as to ensnare their blade.

The pauldron is almost entirely made from Apoxy Sculpt. I started with an open skeleton made of styrene strips to give me a basic shape, and stretched a thin layer of AS over that, then built it up, from there. The grey spots, are Mister Surfacer.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:25 am 

feel like I've been saying this a lot lately with your work, but Hot Damn!

The twins are coming along great, but I am really impressed with the scratch built armor there in the last pic. That's awesome.

Mysterious Stranger wrote:
You sir are the definition of a Renaissance Nerd... you do it all so damn well.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:01 pm 

Thanks, man!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

It is currently Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:32 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])