Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: 3.75 in Mortal Kombat
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:40 pm 
Formerly JFAK075

Saw Subzero finally- not a good looking figure for the price. Won't be added to my collection.

My customs- http://s1069.photobucket.com/albums/u468/keenan42/

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 pm 

MUNDO wrote:
The "adult collector" aisle. The aisle with the Halo and NECA toys.

Thanks- that's what I figured. I guess my TRU just hasn't put them out yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:30 pm 

Last week i got the Cyber Ninja 3 pack, pretty cool, wish they came with extra open hands or weapons.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:06 pm 

New 6inch pack. $49.99 a set. Facial expressions on them are kinda bland.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:43 pm 

That's what they should have done for a 4 inch set. The main ninjas all in one set.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:27 pm 

4inch Baraka and classic single Sub Zero & Scorpion(not previously seen). Jonny Cage listed but no pic yet.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... dCrossSell

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:26 pm 

I really wish Target & Walmart would get some.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:05 am 
Snake Staked

Target gets Jazwares now, but from what I hear Walmart won't get them because Jazwares doesn't want to do business with them. If that's true then the company is literally hurting themselves for no reason.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:24 am 

Is it WM doesn't want to do business with Jazzwares or Jazzwares doesn't want to do business with WM. I am more inclined to believe the former, the latter doesn't make sence.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 am 
Snake Staked

It doesn't make sense, though this company started out doing all their business exclusive through TRU and still much of their stuff is only available there. Target got A-Team and only just started carrying Sonic. Adventure Time, so far, is only at TRU and I'd be surprised if Target gets MK or SF. Though as for not making sense, Jazwares has the Megaman license and refuses to do anything with it. A 4" line to scale with Sonic would sell well but they ignore it. Trying to understand why this company does what it does is just hard to do.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:19 pm 

Actually, considering Wal-Mart's past business practices, it makes a ton of sense for Jazwares to avoid them like the plague.

IIRC, the company in question was Rubbermaid in the 90s. The story goes that WM told Rubbermaid how much they were going to pay for their product. Rubbermaid didn't budge and iirc even raised the price on WM. WM responded by making an order so large that Rubbermaid had to expand. Once expanded, WM stopped ordering. See what happened?

Wal-Mart has the leverage to break companies. The Jazwares figures are generally collector-oriented items. Collectors will seek them out. They don't need the retail presence that WM offers in order to find their buyers.

So I walked into TRU yesterday and was happy to finally find the single carded MK figures on the shelves. I grabbed Sub-Zero and Scoirpion at $10.

But the Klassic MKII figures (all ninjas) stayed. $15 a figure??????? $15 for one 4" figure! Really?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:39 pm 
Snake Staked

I kind of wish that were true, but I've had problems finding a lot of Jazwares stuff in TRU stores. Though as far as Sonic goes, Jazwares has had the good sense to re-re-re-RE-release those figures over and over and over so nothing's been genuinely rare anymore, beyond "game specific" stuff like Black Knight or Werehog. They repackaged a lot of the older 3" figures about a year after and re-repackaged them again for the new branded line that's got Genesis-era Sonic in it. There's also another box set out that's got various figures in it again. Even so, between Target and TRU I've not found many because either they sell fast or they're not being stocked.

But I guess it's just as well WM doesn't carry Jazwares... my local WM's been so horrendously bad at stocking much any toy outside of Transformers that it's all but impossible to find much of that stuff there anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:01 pm 
HATES Mattel

As to why Jaz doesn't do anything with MegaMan, it's likely simply because they're not a big company. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have all of like 10 sculptors on staff.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:58 pm 
Formerly Push You Down

notpicard wrote:
Actually, considering Wal-Mart's past business practices, it makes a ton of sense for Jazwares to avoid them like the plague.

IIRC, the company in question was Rubbermaid in the 90s. The story goes that WM told Rubbermaid how much they were going to pay for their product. Rubbermaid didn't budge and iirc even raised the price on WM. WM responded by making an order so large that Rubbermaid had to expand. Once expanded, WM stopped ordering. See what happened?

Hey.. Corporations are people and people can be spiteful.

I like to cite a story from my cousin's small town. There was an exotic pet store (like tropical birds, lizards, etc) that had been around for ages. Wal-Mart moves in and starts carrying exotic pet supplies. Local pet store goes out of business. Within a month Wal-Mart drops the exotic pet supplies. The pet owners had to either drive 2 hours to the city or order through the mail.
I had zero sympathy for those pet owners

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:52 pm 

notpicard wrote:

Wal-Mart has the leverage to break companies. The Jazwares figures are generally collector-oriented items. Collectors will seek them out. They don't need the retail presence that WM offers in order to find their buyers.

So I walked into TRU yesterday and was happy to finally find the single carded MK figures on the shelves. I grabbed Sub-Zero and Scoirpion at $10.

But the Klassic MKII figures (all ninjas) stayed. $15 a figure??????? $15 for one 4" figure! Really?

Rubbermaid is still around, no? Not sure how that proves your point.

And the Klassic MK figs are $15 while the "new" figs are $10? I saw both today and passed. I'm sure I'll get gift cards for Xmas to use on them - the New ones at least.. No way I'm paying $15 for a 4 in. figure at retail.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 10:22 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])