Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:06 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 1:6 Baroness
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:47 pm 
Snake Staked

head- Hasbro ROC 12" Baroness
body- Cy Girls 1.5
glasses- DiD
suit- Dollsfigure
boots- Zy Toys
hands- Triad
glove cuffs- Hasbro 2002 JvC 12" Cobra Commander
rifle- Hasbro ROC 12" Baroness
belt- Hasbro ROC 12" Baroness
chrome guns- Hasbro ROC 12" Baroness
blade- Hasbro HOF 1992 Cobra Commander
belt knife with sheath- unknown
emblem- unknown sticker(was donated, I don't know if it's from Cobrastickers.com or a Hasbro sticker sheet)

My idea for this started as a simple clothing replacement for Hasbro's SDCC exclusive(or not so exclusive, as Ollie's Discount got them in heavy amounts in 2010) ROC Baroness. While the head likeness was decent, the outfit was really generic and cheap and didn't even resemble the movie too much, let alone trying to get the toy to even stand up in the high heels it wore. Perhaps the worst offender was her coat, which had these slits sewn into it.

So anyway, part way through the project I found that getting clothing for Hasbro's female body was going to be hard. Most boots are made for the Cy Girls type of ankle and most 12" hands are made for a modular wrist. Hasbro's 12" bodies are not made for the customizer in mind... to top it off, their body is also very thin and I found the black suit I bought was very loose.

I had an old Cy Girls figure stuffed into a closet that I'd recently stumbled upon and chose to switch bodies. This made shopping for hands and feet much easier, the only problem was fitting the head onto the body. The original neck is incredibly tall. I worked around this by filling the pit in the head with hot glue and fitting it onto the body, making a "cap" that the head rests on.

My original choice of glasses was a pair made by ACI, unfortunately that pair broke quite easily as I'd almost finished the project. I replaced them with a metal pair made by DiD. The replacement lacks lenses but it not going to break and actually stays in place very well.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: 1:6 Baroness
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:34 am 

Good work. I can understand reluctance to touch the factory paints on the face, but the lips might look better if they were darker and closer to red.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 

It is currently Tue Oct 01, 2024 1:06 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])