Rules    FAQ
User: Guest ( Register )

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:21 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])

Forum rules

• This section is for honest critique of the work shown here. Members are encouraged to give and accept non-confrontational constructive criticism as well as adoring praise and everything in between.
  • In order to show case everyone's work equally, please post multiple customs on the same day into a single thread. If you have a lot of pictures of your work you may have to add them to a separate post within that thread.
  • Please do not link to a sale thread or to eBay from your critique thread. This section isn't to be used to market your finished work. The Market Place section is better suited for that purpose.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Phase III Dark Trooper (Dark Forces)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:15 pm 

This one has been about half complete for over a year. I loved the Phase 3 Dark Trooper build-a-figure, but wanted to make him a bit more accurate to Dark Forces. The jet-black paint job was cool, but it was closer to a gun-metal/silver in the game. I did that part about a year ago. Then I ran into the figure's other problem, it's crappy SW waist articulation. Normally I wouldn't mind too much with a figure like the Dark Trooper, since it isn't really known for acrobatics, but the legs were set in a weird stance that made it difficult to stand the figure (it's really top heavy) and impossible to use a figure stand. So I decided to add better waist articulation, and spent about a year figuring out the best way to do that (I REALLY didn't want to accidentally ruin this figure, since it's nearly impossible to find these days, and really expensive when it does come up). A solution finally came when I picked up one of those Thor Destroyer figures without realizing how crappy it was (I understand the lack of torso articulation, but swivel arms? Really?). I tore it open and used the hip-ball joints which, with a little modifying, work perfectly with the Dark Trooper.

Unfortunately, I never got the official Build-a-figure plasma cannon (I got the part that came with it in a trade), so I had to use the less awesome version from the PotF Dark Trooper.

Profile Customs Feedback / Brawlingness  

Post subject: Re: Phase III Dark Trooper (Dark Forces)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:37 pm 

That works, looks good to, nice job updating him and outfitting him with those new joints.

I like her and your idea of adding the 3rd shade in her pants

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:17 pm 

Cool. I don't have this figure but I've seen it and know about the crummy artic. Yours is loads better. Cool paint as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:19 pm 
JC Podcaster
JC Podcaster

Wow, can't tell the mods as I've never seen the actual production figure. I'd buy this at retail.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:09 pm 
Plug
Plug

If it were like this from the beginning, I would have tried to build one. Why they did one that was only kind of better than the first EU release is beyond me. I loved that game and this droid scared the crap out of me back then.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 

It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 12:21 am (All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ])